Palm Beach County Sheriff & more

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastrine

I've read a lot and consumed a lot of Advil, looking and learning of what's needing to be done.

I'm receiving a Pro-95 for a B-Day gift next weekend. I want to hit the ground running in programming it correctly. When I picked it up this week, I was receiving radio traffic when I went to the Search/Scan button on the keypad. So, the unit it working well. I have since relinquished it to my wife, to wrap and prep for the coming event.

Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office - trunked radio, with 4 red frequencies:
I want to separate PBSO Districts in the unit, so I can tune into #1, #3, #6, #7 SEPERATELY when needed, not listening to the others.
BUT - when desired, tune into ALL the PBSO districts, just to get the gist of what's happening out there.

The other departments I want to monitor as I travel through them - West Palm Beach, Riviera Beach, Greenacres, Lantana and Lake Worth PD's.

With 10 banks of memory, 100 channels each, it should be a breeze.

JUST HOW DO I DO IT CORRECTLY??

Thank You – Peace

ermin

Pbso & A 97

First go to http://www.pbso.org/ click on Patrol Districts and see what districts you want. Then go to http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=197 and page down till you see the district you want to monitor. You'll need to put the County red frequencies in each bank and then put only the talk group (the first row or the DEC row) of only the districts you want to monitor. (I hope that was clear)
I live in Delray and listen to Delray but also PBSO district 4 since that covers my area also. After you do 1, 3, 6 & 7 mark those banks CLOSED. Just put the red freqs in a seperate bank and leave it open and it will receive all of the Palm Beach County system.
Please let me know if you need anything else.

Ed

I've read a lot and consumed a lot of Advil, looking and learning of what's needing to be done.

I'm receiving a Pro-95 for a B-Day gift next weekend. I want to hit the ground running in programming it correctly. When I picked it up this week, I was receiving radio traffic when I went to the Search/Scan button on the keypad. So, the unit it working well. I have since relinquished it to my wife, to wrap and prep for the coming event.

Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office - trunked radio, with 4 red frequencies:
I want to separate PBSO Districts in the unit, so I can tune into #1, #3, #6, #7 SEPERATELY when needed, not listening to the others.
BUT - when desired, tune into ALL the PBSO districts, just to get the gist of what's happening out there.

The other departments I want to monitor as I travel through them - West Palm Beach, Riviera Beach, Greenacres, Lantana and Lake Worth PD's.

With 10 banks of memory, 100 channels each, it should be a breeze.

JUST HOW DO I DO IT CORRECTLY??

Thank You – Peace

mastrine

Just to VERIFY

Just put the red freqs in a seperate bank and leave it open and it will receive all of the Palm Beach County system.

In each bank of channels - eg.
Bank #2: District 7, I'd enter all 4 RED freqs., then enter 26864 for Dispatch & 26384 for Car-to-Car? THAT'S ALL!

Bank #3: District 1, I'd enter all 4 RED freqs., then enter 26768 for Dispatch & 26256 for Car-to-Car? THAT'S ALL!

Then for Bank #4, enter all 4 RED freqs. Then NOTHING to get all the county radio traffic?

Thanks for the reply Ed. I appreciate it.

ermin

Just make sure you set banks #2 and #3 to CLOSED. If you don't you'll hear everything. Leave bank #4 open and you'll hear everything that's on the county system. As you see talk groups hit the TRUNK button for bank 4. After you collect a bunch label them and you will know who's talking.
I strongly recommend going to http://www.starrsoft.com/ and getting WIN97 and the Radio Shack cable and doing your programming that way. I get a lot more enjoymant out of my Pro with the WIN program.

Ed

In each bank of channels - eg.
Bank #2: District 7, I'd enter all 4 RED freqs., then enter 26864 for Dispatch & 26384 for Car-to-Car? THAT'S ALL!

Bank #3: District 1, I'd enter all 4 RED freqs., then enter 26768 for Dispatch & 26256 for Car-to-Car? THAT'S ALL!

Then for Bank #4, enter all 4 RED freqs. Then NOTHING to get all the county radio traffic?

Thanks for the reply Ed. I appreciate it.

gcr33

And just keep in mind that you will not hear Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Boca Raton public safety as they are all digital. The public works depts. are analog. Those 3 are separate systems off the smartzone controller.

mastrine

What about any NEW freqs?

Hi Ed,
What about PBSO's new District 6, West Boynton? I "think" I hear the dispatcher calling out a 1A or 1B code to some D/S on the same freq. Could this be the new district sharing the same freq as Boca or Delray?

Then, what about Wellingtons Freqs, etc.

Palm Beach SO went from a half dozen zones, to 13 now and more contracts coming on soon. Towns/Cities such as Highland Beach PD, Lake Worth PD and maybe some day - Palm Beach County School System.

Thanks in advance

Mike

gcr33

The West Boynton Dist 6 operates as the HOTEL units on the country radio system Dist 4 SO

Highland Beach is already on the system dispatched by Dist 4 Sheriff.
Lake Worth has there own talk groups on the county system.
Royal Palm Beach is Dist 9 and has their own dispatch center in Royal Palm Beach on the D9 talkgroups.
The school board operates their own repeater system but has tgs allocated on the county radio system. The Supt. of the School Board wants to give the Sheriff his police force.

Hi Ed,
What about PBSO's new District 6, West Boynton? I "think" I hear the dispatcher calling out a 1A or 1B code to some D/S on the same freq. Could this be the new district sharing the same freq as Boca or Delray?

Palm Beach SO went from a half dozen zones, to 13 now and more contracts coming on soon. Towns/Cities such as Highland Beach PD, Lake Worth PD and maybe some day - Palm Beach County School System.

Thanks in advance

Mike

ermin

Hello Mike

Sorry for the slow reply. I've been away for a few days. I do not monitor that area. I live in Delray and work in Boca so I only listen to them when I'm there but do monitor PBC district 4 also when I'm home. I always have it on in the background but only pay attention when something is going on.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Thanks in advance

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.