Palm Beach County TRS Unk TGRP 56080

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know which Law Enforcement Agency is using TGRP 56080? It appears to be a secondary channel for this agency and is linked to the Boca site. I believe it is an analog signal and none of the UID's associated with it come back to the UID's used by Boca PD.

Thanks

ermin

Does anyone know which Law Enforcement Agency is using TGRP 56080? It appears to be a secondary channel for this agency and is linked to the Boca site. I believe it is an analog signal and none of the UID's associated with it come back to the UID's used by Boca PD.

Thanks

Hello Richard

I have it listed as FIN. All I hear are DL checks. I think it is the same as Boca's DL check channel only analog. Not sure what FIN means.

Ermin

Richard

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Ermin. I'm not sure what FIN means either and I agree that the only things heard were DL Checks. However they have referred to this channel as ch2 and have said they were switching back to the main channel. I will attempt to verify whether these transmissions are simulcast with one of the Boca PD channels. If not Boca, it could be that this agency may be using a conventional repeater for their main dispatch channel and this TG for their secondary or inquiry channel. None of the UIDs for this TG are associated with anything else.

Rich

Richard

Premium Subscriber
Ermin you were correct, TG 56080 is indeed an analog simulcast of Boca PD channel 2 TG 5872 which is in digital mode. Mystery solved. Thanks!

SRSP2282

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what FIN means.

Hey folks FIN stands for "Florida Interoperability Network" You can find more on Google but a good place to start for info is here:
Florida Interoperability Network (FIN) / Radio Communications / Public Safety Bureau / SUNCOM / Department of Management Services - DMS
In a nutshell its a statewide mutual aid network. Up in my part of the state its used to connect my county's public safety depts with FHP and surrounding counties during major events.

Status
Not open for further replies.