Palm Pilot TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
I know, I know…
Its just that I‘ve always enjoyed my Palm Pilot and, as happens later in life, I started to reminisce about my old one, so I replaced it!
There’s just something about the GUI, format and memories that it conjures up I enjoy.
So, in that regard, I’m searching for a small Palm Pilot program I used to have that was designed specifically for maintaining an HF/VHF/UHF frequency database. As you can imagine most Palm OS software has simply become vapor ware.
Anyone out there have any ideas?
Thank you.

KG4DCX

Premium Subscriber
Check out palm pilot on Reddit lots of stuff on there
Have to look around

Chris0516

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! Never occurred to me to check Reddit as I’m never on that site!
I second this recommendation. 34yrs. ago, while I was in college. I had the Palm M100. Very simple and easy to use. I then upgraded to the Palm Zire 21. Followed by the Palm Zire 31. All three, in succession, worked great. But by the time I got my hands on a Palm Zire 71. That a family member stopped using. Device support at Palm.com, had pretty much disappeared. Also, With new OSs' from Microsoft. Came the need for new software drivers. I have tried to find a driver for my Palm Zire 71. But have pretty much given up.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
I can’t be positive, but it’s possible you might find your drivers here:
I tried using a third party sync. cable with my TX after downloading the driver and Windows had some kind of seizure! A window with a yellow triangle showed up and there was no way I could resolve the issue.
FWIW I am able to sync via Bluetooth.
Good luck!

Chris0516

Premium Subscriber
I know, I know…
Its just that I‘ve always enjoyed my Palm Pilot and, as happens later in life, I started to reminisce about my old one, so I replaced it!
There’s just something about the GUI, format and memories that it conjures up I enjoy.
So, in that regard, I’m searching for a small Palm Pilot program I used to have that was designed specifically for maintaining an HF/VHF/UHF frequency database. As you can imagine most Palm OS software has simply become vapor ware.
Anyone out there have any ideas?
Thank you.
Believe me. I enjoyed it too. Microsoft bought Palm, Inc., then didn't support the product line very well. I have eye-hand coordination issues. The Palm seemingly would be very hard for me to use. But it was a blessing.

theoldcop

Premium Subscriber
What I think is most ironic is the fact that I found a small Palm app called “List” that will kinda’ suit my needs for maintaining a frequency database and, for the life of me, I cannot find ANYTHING in an iPhone app that is designed to maintain frequency lists!

a417

I cannot find ANYTHING in an iPhone app that is designed to maintain frequency lists!
Does not suprise me in the least, it's not something the current iPhone crowd would probably need to be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.