Palm Springs, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjgostovich

Hi there, I will be heading (back) out to Palm Springs early next year for a trip. I have read on the new RCSO system and that it can no longer be monitored (bummer...). Looks like RivCo Fire still pages on analog so i'll be able to hear that I hope? I'll be staying several floors up about a mile west of the Palm Springs airport. I will have the ability to put up a small external antenna and will be facing I10. I should have good rx on the local CHP and fire. A couple questions-

1- Are any of the analog sheriff's channels listed in the RR database used at all?
2- I'm assuming all the analog fire channels are current?
3- Any good active federal or state channels (law enforcement, park rangers, etc)?
4- Any good local private security details (armored car, TSA, etc).
5- Any other good action band/public service type stuff?
6- Is any of the RCSO PSEC in P25 phase 1 and monitorable/clear? (I have nothing phase 2 capable yet).

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!- S

Markb

Premium Subscriber
1- Are any of the analog sheriff's channels listed in the RR database used at all?

- No. At least not the trunked stuff.

- Yes

3- Any good active federal or state channels (law enforcement, park rangers, etc)?

- Yes. Check out www.socalfedcom.com

- I don't know.

- Air traffic at the airport. Other than that, probably not too much being that you are in the desert.

6- Is any of the RCSO PSEC in P25 phase 1 and monitorable/clear? (I have nothing phase 2 capable yet).

- No.

[/QUOTE]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

scottyhetzel

Hi there, I will be heading (back) out to Palm Springs early next year for a trip. I have read on the new RCSO system and that it can no longer be monitored (bummer...). Looks like RivCo Fire still pages on analog so i'll be able to hear that I hope? I'll be staying several floors up about a mile west of the Palm Springs airport. I will have the ability to put up a small external antenna and will be facing I10. I should have good rx on the local CHP and fire. A couple questions-

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!- S

If you have arcxt software I will email you my file for the valley, I run a 15x and 996xt. It is crazy extensive, just pm me if you want to move forward. I'm currently located about 10 miles from palm springs.

sjgostovich

Scotty and Mark, Thanks for getting back to me.

Scotty, I run GRE products so I don't think that the files would be compatable?! If you have any good freq's/TRS talkgroups I could plug in or point me towards something that'd be great!

If you guys think of anything please pass it on!

scottyhetzel

Scotty and Mark, Thanks for getting back to me.

Scotty, I run GRE products so I don't think that the files would be compatable?! If you have any good freq's/TRS talkgroups I could plug in or point me towards something that'd be great!

If you guys think of anything please pass it on!

We don't have any more TRS available, since the two PSEC and ERICA are encrypted. However palm springs fire, cathedral city fire and riverside co fire are available, all listed in the RR db..

Riv co fire RRu-3 dispatch 151.130 pl 94.8 is extremely active... Add cmd / support channels: 9(desert hot springs), 10 ( Indio, la quinta, east valley), 12 ( rancho mirage, palm desert, Indian wells).

I listen to Joshua national Park, BLM CCD admin/net/, fish and wildlife ( 151.430 search pl cuz there are 3 repeaters in our area. I listen to st. Parks ocotillo area.

My favorite is mercy air on 155.220 pl 127.3 , not a lot of activity but they land at desert reg. hospital in palm springs.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
We don't have any more TRS available, since the two PSEC and ERICA are encrypted. However palm springs fire, cathedral city fire and riverside co fire are available, all listed in the RR db..

Riv co fire RRu-3 dispatch 151.130 pl 94.8 is extremely active... Add cmd / support channels: 9(desert hot springs), 10 ( Indio, la quinta, east valley), 12 ( rancho mirage, palm desert, Indian wells).

I listen to Joshua national Park, BLM CCD admin/net/, fish and wildlife ( 151.430 search pl cuz there are 3 repeaters in our area. I listen to st. Parks ocotillo area.

My favorite is mercy air on 155.220 pl 127.3 , not a lot of activity but they land at desert reg. hospital in palm springs.

Just curious if you are able to pickup CHP rolling thru the 10 frwy often. Not sure since VHF low band if pretty hard to pickup unless you have a good outdoor antenna. Just curious

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
CHP(cal hwy patrol) Red channel 44.440 pl 179.0 is also a good one. The mobile extenders are digital now... Enjoy!

I took all of your information that you provided and I made an EXCEL spreadsheet and added a few more item for Riverside County around the Palm Springs area to listen too.

If there is anymore to add that is interesting to listen too maybe like some Border Patrol or FED stuff feel free.

Enjoy

Attachments

• Riverside County.zip
    8.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.