Palm Springs PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunnerFL

Palm Springs PD is now operating on the new system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just came here today after realizing I'm no longer getting Palm Springs on my PSR-800. It's been a while since I've been on the forums so forgive me for asking an old question, but what new system? I just downloaded the new library and they still have the old frequencies in there and I'm no longer getting Palm Springs.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
I just came here today after realizing I'm no longer getting Palm Springs on my PSR-800. It's been a while since I've been on the forums so forgive me for asking an old question, but what new system? I just downloaded the new library and they still have the old frequencies in there and I'm no longer getting Palm Springs.

Palm Beach County is on a new P25 Phase-2 Digital system. I will link you to it here: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9033

••David

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Palm Springs isn't in the db at that link...

i am awaiting confirmation on something. I just Messaged a few people to find out. If you want to experiment, they have 6 talkgroups assigned to them. There is chatter that Palm Springs PD is using Talkgroup 54224 for their dispatch now, but I'm trying to find out if it's being used on PBC SmartZone system or the new P25 system. If you wanna plug those talkgroups in using the old and new system you should hear them somewhere. The new P25 system is being used as we speak so I'm not sure why they would start using the old system now when a switch is imminent. The other 5 talkgroups are below if you wanna try those too... the old SmartZone system is here: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=197

••David

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
They are using the new County P25 system with Lake Clarke Shores on the same dispatch talkgroup. Most of the radios are using the new system but afew mobiles are still coming over via SmartX. They are currently FDMA and in the clear. I have not submitted it to the database as there are a few other talkgroups that they are affiliating to some I'm trying to identify them and do s batch submission. Same for Tequesta and Riviera Beach (although Riviera is encrypted).

RunnerFL

They are using the new County P25 system with Lake Clarke Shores on the same dispatch talkgroup. Most of the radios are using the new system but afew mobiles are still coming over via SmartX. They are currently FDMA and in the clear. I have not submitted it to the database as there are a few other talkgroups that they are affiliating to some I'm trying to identify them and do s batch submission. Same for Tequesta and Riviera Beach (although Riviera is encrypted).

I've tried manually entering the talk groups in the previous post but I've had no luck. If you're not going to submit them to the database could you at least post the talk group(s) for Palm Springs here?

Are they on the same Trunk System as "countrywide", "Delray Beach" and "Boynton Beach"?

Richard

Palm Springs PD is simulcasting on both the old Motorola System and the new P25 System:

TG54224 on the old system
TG3389 on the new P25 system

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
When the unit migrate to the new P25 system, take the old ID and divide it by 16 and that should be the new ID if they keep following that pattern. For Palm Springs and Lake Clarke Shores, I never heard them on the Smartzone system, only 800 conventional. So when a new "wildcard" ID popped up it, that's when I started hearing them. TG 3389 is Dispatch, but I've seen affiliations on 3391 and 3393. So one could be an info/TTY and the other a car2car.

RunnerFL

well I must be getting something wrong here because I'm not getting anything if I manually enter 3389.

Sure would be nice if someone would update the database...

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I'll even give a hint like I previously posted...divide the 813A talkgroup by 16 and see what you find.

Status
Not open for further replies.