Palmetto 800 P25 Conversion Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
2 week window and looks like being used.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

K4RMN

Just found out today, cutover for Troop 5 (at least, unknown on others) in terms of SCHP utilizing the new system postponed until sometime next month. Infrastructure / logistical deployment concerns.

hntsgt

Troop 5 Cut Over

Just found out today, cutover for Troop 5 (at least, unknown on others) in terms of SCHP utilizing the new system postponed until sometime next month. Infrastructure / logistical deployment concerns.

The new date for all agencies within the Troop 5 area is July 24, 2017 at 8 pm.

CCSPRINGS

Premium Subscriber
SCHP DIGITAL

SCHP for the last two weekends have been help providing extra law enforcement for the city of Myrtle Beach. They were using the MBPD special ops channel to communicate with Florence there troop dispatch center. These communications were all in digital. So with that said some of the Troop 5 units of the SCHP have working digital capabilities. Don't know when the cut over will be but it must becoming soon.

jpm

My local fire department involved with mutual aid with surrounding fire departments We supply them one of our portables so they could communicate with our city when they follow a mutual aid call. This maybe the case here as well. Been checking this forum out as I will be visiting North Myrtle Beach the week of July 24. And with my previous visits in the Conway area I just take my scanner with me not to be acting stupid with local laws where I visit. Have had them in Florida and I just don't care, I do what I want.

K4RMN

SCHP for the last two weekends have been help providing extra law enforcement for the city of Myrtle Beach. They were using the MBPD special ops channel to communicate with Florence there troop dispatch center. These communications were all in digital. So with that said some of the Troop 5 units of the SCHP have working digital capabilities. Don't know when the cut over will be but it must becoming soon.

The MBPD channel "MB3 CONTROL" talkgroup (unk Horry Co TGID) is patched in with the normal non-P25 / mixed-mode PAL800 DPS Spec Ops 5 talkgroup (PAL800 TGID 45680), however the MBPD channel is the primary resource in the patch and Florence is keying up via the MBPD channel instead of the DPS channel due to some issues with how the patch is interfacing with the two separate systems and the mixed modes.

The dispatch consoles themselves have been digital for awhile now, and as mentioned the Troop 5 cutover is in about 3 weeks.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
SCHP Troop 4 / Chester includes NCHP Troop H dispatch in Monroe (east of Charlotte) among the agencies they call up during a roll call performed during the early morning hours. The roll call is performed on the S.C. mutual aid 4 talkgroup.

It is possible that there is a similar arrangement between SCHP Troop 3 and NCHP Asheville / Newton dispatch, as well as SCHP Troop 5 and NCHP Elizabethtown (Clarkton) Troop B dispatch.

Roll Call is 0300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qball

Premium Subscriber
Palmetto 800 P25 migration

Just a reminder; the P25 migration begins with all state, county, and local jurisdictions in the SCHP Troop 6 area tomorrow (7/24/17). Once a mixed mode site is cut, it will be P25 from there on out. They will not be operating the mixed and P25 in the same locations. When 1d9 comes online 2b02 goes away...1 site at a time.

Shutter_Bug51

Premium Subscriber
Just a reminder; the P25 migration begins with all state, county, and local jurisdictions in the SCHP Troop 6 area tomorrow (7/24/17). Once a mixed mode site is cut, it will be P25 from there on out. They will not be operating the mixed and P25 in the same locations. When 1d9 comes online 2b02 goes away...1 site at a time.

I believe that's Troop 7 as outlined below:
Highway Patrol Troop 7 + Augusta, GA – July 31-August 4, 2017
(Orangeburg, Calhoun, Bamberg, Allendale, Hampton, Barnwell, Aiken)

I was wrong in quoting the date... sheeze, I misread the list. This can be deleted if the moderator so desires.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
No. Troop 5. Remember dates pushed back. This would be 6 but the original dates have now changed. Welcome to the reality of statewide system changes.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Just heard an update on SC Mutual Aid 5, which seems to be an operations channel for the cutover, that Jasper, Beaufort, Yemassee and Port Royal are now P25 sites. Up next are Walterboro and Canadys.

cmlewis1969

Premium Subscriber
Cutover in progress

Most of Troop 6 West is done as of now.
A few TGID I've caught.
6541 Jasper Fire Dispatch
9614 SCHP Troop 6 West ( Dorchester, Colleton, Jasper, Beaufort)
6501 Jasper Sheriff Dispatch
6851 Hardeeville PD Dispatch
32143 Hampton County Law Dispatch
32065 Hampton Fire Dispatch
Will send more as I catch and verify. Sounds pretty clear from Bluffton, Jasper and Port Royal sites

peeta725

Premium Subscriber
Berkeley County has yet to switch over that I can hear. I'd be curious if the severe weather that just moved through delayed the process any.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Please submit any site information that you can determine, such as side ID number and current control channel frequency, as I need to add each site to the 1D9 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.