Panasonic RF 2200 Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
I recently acquired a Panasonic RF 2200 in excellent condition. It seems to be working fine, but I noticed that while doing AM Dxing the tuning is app. 4 Khz off. In addition, the FM antenna needs to be replaced. I understand there is a fellow named Vlado Karamitrov at a site called hamradio.repair who is an expert at repairing these radios. The site is still active, but I sent him two emails inquiring about the repair, and where to send the radio to no avail. he is not responding. Does anyone know if he is still in business? At better way to reach him?

Are there any other reputable repair facilities doing work on these fine radios?

Thanks....

spongella

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations on getting an RF2200, a great radio. You can check TheSWLingPost blog for leads. I know there was a fellow in Israel who refurbishes these units. As far as being 4KHz off on AM it's not that big an issue, mine isn't exactly on frequency either as it is an analog dial.

You can also check EBay for parts; occasionally someone is parting out their radio.

There is/was an RF2200 Yahoo users group but not sure it that's still active. There's a lot of helpful posts on that YahooGroup. Good luck, hope you get your needs addressed.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations on getting an RF2200, a great radio. You can check TheSWLingPost blog for leads. I know there was a fellow in Israel who refurbishes these units. As far as being 4KHz off on AM it's not that big an issue, mine isn't exactly on frequency either as it is an analog dial.

You can also check EBay for parts; occasionally someone is parting out their radio.

There is/was an RF2200 Yahoo users group but not sure it that's still active. There's a lot of helpful posts on that YahooGroup. Good luck, hope you get your needs addressed.

Thanks for the response. It really is a nice radio...

It seems pretty certain that Vlado is no longer active. Many times people close their business and forget to take down their website...

Status
Not open for further replies.