Panasonic RF-B65: is rotary tuning weird or is mine broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GB46

Just a final update on my tuning dial situation: It's now been 6 days since I used that spray, and the tuner is behaving itself very nicely. In fact, the radio itself is no longer drifting; the performance on SSB is superb.

Thanks, Boombox, for suggesting that I use contact cleaner. I should have followed your advice in the first place. Oh, well; as they say, there's no fool like an old fool! :blush:

Boombox

Hey, glad the solution worked.

Your hesitance was understandable, being that the tuner control is a bit more complex than the one in the standard 909.

Glad I could have been of some help. Now fire up that baby and DX the SW, MW and LW. DX season seems to be kicking in OK this fall and winter. :)

GB46

Your hesitance was understandable, being that the tuner control is a bit more complex than the one in the standard 909.
Well, after having used contact spray on my laptop's keyboard and somehow rendering the keyboard useless, I was afraid of doing the same thing to the radio. Today's electronic devices are so delicate (not to mention complex)!

Anyway, the tuner actually seems to be even more stable now than it was out of the box. Perhaps you were right, and the contacts had oxidized during storage, because who knows how long the radio had been sitting in Radio World's warehouse before I got it out of prison. :)

Yes, band conditions seem to be improving now, Some of the Asian stations are coming in like locals now, but so far I've seen no improvement for stuff to the east of me.

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.