Panasonic toughbook boot issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5911

Premium Subscriber
Toughbook 31 issue
Added ram from 8 to 16 GB after changing HDD to SSD a week or so ago, laptop worked great up until yesterday. Removed drive caddy and battery before changing RAM DIMMs. After install replaced everything, and now get 2 errors :
PXE-E61
PXE-M0F

Looked them up and thought the Drive caddy was messed up , and checked it. Tried numerous time, thought maybe the Bios got messed up, checked that and it shows NO HDD.
DID I BRICK the toughbook?
I think I need a new Caddy.

Any help would help!

ShawnInPaso

Can you get into the safe mode or bios? If so, you can select what drive to boot from. Perhaps you have a memory stick or cd that is bootable?

wtp

from their website,
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

so, check the cable.
the other error would occur with a cable problem.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Well, I see a couple possibilities, ranging from most obvious.
1. Reseat the SSD. If you already reseated it, reseat it again. Also, if its got one of those cables that connect back to the motherboard, check that as well, especially if you had to do more than remove a simple cover.
2. Swap your old memory sticks back in. No idea why that would cause the SSD to not show up, but its the last thing you did to it.
3. Make sure you didn't accidentally disable the SATA port in the BIOS settings. If you had to clear BIOS settings to get those new rams sticks working, it MIGHT have set SATA ports to disabled by default. Who knows.
4. SSD randomly went bad and its purely coincedence. Stick another drive in there, see if it shows up.

I just realized I'm replying to a 2 month old thread, so you probably have it figured out by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.