Panasonic Toughbook cf-19 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh380

I just got a cf-19 mk4 (cf-19RDT5A1M). I've already discovered that its seems apparent that the drivers for Windows 7 MUST be installed IN ORDER from start to end. All 43 (or more) of them. I think this explains to me why ready to go units are so expensive.

My question is: Posts around 2014 indicated that installing windows 10 was a "bad idea" on mk4 and up CF-19's due to the fact that drivers must be installed in order. Has anyone recently upgraded a cf-19 (preferably same model) to Windows 10 from 7?

Any issues? Do all of the features work properly after the upgrade?

Last edited:

air-scan

Best match found here The Driver List (2/5) of Official Support Download Center | TOUGHBOOK | TOUGHPAD | Panasonic Global Notebook PC

Correct order PDF https://cpt.pc-dlp.panasonic.co.jp/...llation_Instructions_19T_Win7_H-2010-0254.pdf

CF19R MK4 isn't a Windows 10 candidate but may still run at reduced performance.

Only select models have Windows 10 drivers in the Enterprise stream. Driver Pack for Enterprise | TOUGHBOOK | TOUGHPAD | Panasonic Global Notebook PC

Those Enterprise versions came in 1 "cab" file in which it is automated process.

I never had this but it's plain and clear Windows 10 is not a good idea for that machine.

Last edited:

LS101

I have bought restore disks from RUGGED DEPOT out of Texas 1-888-337-3007, if call and talk straight to tech support there he will tell you what your options are for that Mark, I have bought upgraded Windows 10 restore disks for CF31 they were $25.00 back then, that way it installs all drivers when installing OS system.

a417

I never had this but it's plain and clear Windows 10 is not a good idea for that machine.
Those were moderately good windows XP machines, I shutter to think of Windows 7 on one.

Debian would be fun to try :)

sfd745

Reverend Higgy
Database Admin
Those were moderately good windows XP machines, I shutter to think of Windows 7 on one.

Debian would be fun to try :)

Linux Mint works good on them, albeit maxed out with the 3gb RAM / 32 bit processor. I have one thats dual boot. It boots XP Pro for programming and Mint for personal stuff.

a417

That's what I figured.

As mint is a debian-derivative I would expect nothing less. As long as you have a lean and mean window manager (and not KDE Plasma) they are quite responsive down to the 1GB range. Cinnamon is pretty light weight, but i prefer my Xfce. My ARM-based streaming server is at 1GB on a dual core and does all the basics just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.