• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

panel lighting suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc7vtr

I have Yaesu FT-8800R dual band transceiver with the head remote mounted on the dash. One major complaint is that the buttons and knobs aren't illuminated which, along with their small size, makes night time operation a bit dicey. I'd like to mount some sort of small light(s) above and facing the panel. It doesn't have to be very bright, just enough to show the white markings.

One thought is a couple of LEDs pointed toward the front panel (either red to sort of match the orange display or green to sort of match the dash lighting). Any other suggestions?

radio10-8

call a local musicians store and ask if they sell audio mixing boards. If they do they might carry these lights that attach to the board so teh tech can see the knobs and buttons during a dark concert. Some attanch via BNC connector and I have seen some that are USB so if you have a computer nearby you can do teh USE light. Ihave a USB light made by Kensington and I love it.

N4JNW

Go to Advance Auto Parts and check out one of the big tall "racks" that are usually up next to the registers, where all the "import tuner" accessories are.

There are usually some sort of "mood" lights there, I once picked up a pack of 3 small "can light" type LED lights that had a 12V ciggy lighter plug, and the bases were sticky. Peel off the tape, stick them where best, and wire up.

kjfswkr

Title: Littlite® Gooseneck Lamps
Features
Flexible, durable gooseneck.
High quality construction.
Sleek, low profile design.
Sharp, bright white light.
Rheostat dimmer control or on/off switch.
Available in 6", 12", and 18" lengths.

Littlite gooseneck lamps provide excellent illumination where space is at a premium. Using halogen technology, the high intensity lamp emits crisp, bright light in a tightly controlled pattern. A red filter is included for nighttime use.

Littlite Model LF6ESB is a 6" lamp with on/off switch, neck extends from end of chassis.

Littlite Model LF6TSB is a 6" lamp with on/off switch, neck extends from top of chassis.

Littlite Model LF12ES is a 12" lamp with on/off switch, neck extends from end of chassis.

Littlite Model LF12TS is a 12" lamp with on/off switch, neck extends from top of chassis.

Littlite Model LF18ES is a 18" lamp with on/off switch, neck extends from end of chassis.

Littlite Model LF18TS is a 18" lamp with on/off switch, neck extends from top of chassis.

Download More Info
Click here to download our Littlite® Gooseneck Lamps PDF file. It contains more product information, diagrams, ordering instructions, and spec-able information. To view and print this file, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
This application can be downloaded for free by clicking on the icon below.

check these out. Federal Signal has them

Kevin

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
kjfswkr said:
Title: Littlite® Gooseneck Lamps

+1

I like these lights for a lot of applications, both fixed and mobile. In this particular case, a 6" light affixed to the side of the control head would work out great.

FEDLF6ERa.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.