panhandle frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgstegall

I'm visiting in Pampa and with my 436HP loaded with the RR data and outdoor antenna, I hear nothing. I've already discovered the Gray County SO and Pampa PD PL's were incorrect and submitted them for change. I also don't hear the DPS on any of their channels. Has the DPS changed freqs or NAC's?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
RR DB in Pampa

I'm visiting in Pampa and with my 436HP loaded with the RR data and outdoor antenna, I hear nothing. I've already discovered the Gray County SO and Pampa PD PL's were incorrect and submitted them for change. I also don't hear the DPS on any of their channels. Has the DPS changed freqs or NAC's?

I grew up in Pampa. It has been several years and several scanners back when I last visited. I cannot recall whether I heard them or not when I visited. I was there for a funeral.

This is the down side of the 436HP, relying on the RR DB for scanning. When I had my PSR 500 as my main squeeze, I could load things & alter the working memory. However, if I visit a new area with a new radio system, I might be at the mercy of the RR DB, something that really annoys me.

There are some sections of the country where the RR DB is accurate due to an involved listener community. Then there are other area of the U.S. that are hardly ever updated.

With all of the methamphetamine in that area of Texas, I would expect more radio traffic and/or encryption. Then again, the traffic might be underground since there was a District Attorney knee deep in the methamphetamine hobby. I think he was using when he was caught.

Thank you for updating the DB. Please, post any other things you find up there with that fine radio. I love my 436HP.

Last edited:

pgstegall

I've been all over the West this summer and this is the first location where I've found the RR data to be almost 100% incorrect. Even the DPS freq info is wrong. Guess there isn't anyone in the area with a scanner that is on RR to submit corrections. Discovered 2 more today for Pampa, Animal control is now on 151.3175 and correct fire PL for 155.550 is 131.8.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Discover Mode?

I've been all over the West this summer and this is the first location where I've found the RR data to be almost 100% incorrect. Even the DPS freq info is wrong. Guess there isn't anyone in the area with a scanner that is on RR to submit corrections. Discovered 2 more today for Pampa, Animal control is now on 151.3175 and correct fire PL for 155.550 is 131.8.

There are two functions that I am unfamiliar with on my 436, Close Call & Discover. Are you using one of these methods to find these new frequencies?

pgstegall

There are two functions that I am unfamiliar with on my 436, Close Call & Discover. Are you using one of these methods to find these new frequencies?

No, not using Close Call. The new freqs were found by doing a search on the FCC data base and then monitored for activity. New tones were found doing a PL/DPL search on the desired freq.

Still looking for the correct DPS Freqs for the Pampa area.

TLF82

Premium Subscriber
As I just stated in another thread about DPS, a lot of the NAC info has/is changed(ing)...
I'm working on updating info from a code plug pulled from a DPS radio.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
There's also a DPS transmitter in Wheeler on 158.82 (listed under Childress w/162 NAC).

WPWM795 (Texas, State of (DPS)) FCC Callsign Details

I wouldn't be surprised if DPS has access to the Panhandle system, as well. It might help to know which freq/NAC combination you are hearing as it may be an entirely different site as opposed to the wrong NAC (but anything is possible).

Russell

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.