PAR BCST-HPF High Pass AM Broadcast Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
To the OP,

Did you get the HPF ?
What did you finally determine ?

No, not yet. I'm not sure if I really need it. The ICOM IC-7600 has really good internal filters that should handle this type of interference well. But I still might try it anyway.

WA8ZTZ

No, not yet. I'm not sure if I really need it. The ICOM IC-7600 has really good internal filters that should handle this type of interference well. But I still might try it anyway.

OK
Per my post #7, the strongest AM signal at your location would be the daytime station on 1030. Next strongest would be "The Big 8". WJR and WWJ probably not an issue due to their distance from your QTH. Hard to predict what mixing products may result in the presence of strong signals but the HPF is available if you feel it is necessary.
Good luck with your 7600... nice radio. ;)

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I found out there are five 50KW AM broadcast stations in S.E. Michigan! So I finally purchased the PAR BCST-HPF. It's impressive! When you through the switch ON it's like turning off the lights when it comes to the AM broadcast band, so it's definitely doing what it's designed to do and it does it well! A simple flip of the switch to OFF and the AM broadcast band is back. No need to disconnect and physically remove the filter like many of the competitive filters! I'll report back when later when I have time to see its effect on other bands.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I finally ordered the PAR BCST-HPF filter from Universal Radio. I was immediately impressed with the build quality! Silver plated SO-239 connectors and the In/Out switch had a good quality feel to it.

It does what it's supposed to do and it does it very well. Enabling the filter kills the offending band/frequencies like a light switch. Initially I thought I blew out my S-Units meter, it dropped like a stone. My waterfall display dried up like a desert! It was gone! Another flick of the switch taking the filter out of duty and everything was back to normal. Very convenient, no need to disconnect cables and remove it every time.

I've purchased numerous filters over the years from Dale Parfitt...he never disapoints!

Status
Not open for further replies.