Parallels strikes yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
OK, this is really frustrating. I did upgrade my Parallels to Version 9 for mac 10.9 compatibility. Sentinel and the scanner worked a couple of times, and now guess what? It installs the scanner. It then shows removeable disk E, but you can do nothing with it. Windows sees the scanner and sees a removeable disk, but then says there is no disk. I give up. Any other suggestions?

mrkelso

OK, this is really frustrating. I did upgrade my Parallels to Version 9 for mac 10.9 compatibility. Sentinel and the scanner worked a couple of times, and now guess what? It installs the scanner. It then shows removeable disk E, but you can do nothing with it. Windows sees the scanner and sees a removeable disk, but then says there is no disk. I give up. Any other suggestions?

What version of windows are you running in parallels?

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I use Windows 7. I had orginially used Parallels 7, and upgraded to Parallels 9. When I first fired up the virtual machine and connected my 436, lo and behold, it worked! Read teh card, everything went well. I think it worked thrice more, and now it just sits there. At least it doesn't corrupt my card anymore. Funny thing, I loaded the card from my 536 into a card reader and threw it in, no problem, uploaded some new stuff and reinstalled the card into my 536. I was going to try the 436 card in a card reader and see what happens, but to be honest, constantly taking the card out wil more than likely destroy the card holder.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Just tried the card with the card reader like I did with the 536. Sees the card but refuses to see content. Very interesting.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Same thing is happening with my regular Windows machine. I think this radio might have a bug somewhere in the firmware. Looks like a call to Uniden is in the future

mrkelso

Same thing is happening with my regular Windows machine. I think this radio might have a bug somewhere in the firmware. Looks like a call to Uniden is in the future

I am having the same problem. My 536 will work great on a Windows XP mini laptop uploads downloads the works.

On Windows 7 Under parallels the latest and greatest it won't automatically recognize when i plug the radio in, i have to go to the device menu and turn on the com port and when i do and i restart the radio and throw it into mass mode, i get nothing zero zilch nada. Now all my other radios work under this same system. I tried the 436 and i get the same results. Got me baffled never seen anything like it under parallels.

The VC in ARC using the rear serial port works flawlessly under Parallels. Go figure..

SCPD

QRT
436/536

I was taking the micro card out and using a card reader,it worked PERFECT! (536HP and sentinel)

Macs although good machines,seem to have issues with windows programs and USB ports,same thing happened to my friend's mac,it had the port,it worked then the whole assigned port number and all would disappear so the program wouldnt work.At the time it was ARC XT ,worked perfect with his netbook which was a PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.