Paramus PD

NParkNJ

On the Road
I don’t normally monitor Paramus, and haven’t listened to them in awhile, are they migrating to DMR? It would be make sense for P25, being a good amount of surrounding towns are(GR/RW, Mahwah, Ramsey). Their emissions on their PD frequencies show analog and DMR…

I don’t normally monitor Paramus, and haven’t listened to them in awhile, are they migrating to DMR? It would be make sense for P25, being a good amount of surrounding towns are(GR/RW, Mahwah, Ramsey). Their emissions on their PD frequencies show analog and DMR…
A subscriber previously reported that they are migrating to P 25.

onsceno

Speculation and assumptions never cease to amaze. While they are exploring MANY different routes of "upgrades/updates", there is no promised switch to anything outside their current 460.5/460.075 analog infrastructure.

Stueylouey

Speculation and assumptions never cease to amaze. While they are exploring MANY different routes of "upgrades/updates", there is no promised switch to anything outside their current 460.5/460.075 analog infrastructure.
I was also told by one of their officers that a lot of their new radio equipment for new cars is on backlog. they might change in some way but for the foreseeable future everything is staying the same. so digital most likely won't be happening. anytime soon.

12dbsinad

It's expected... Lot's of whackers

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
My source is pretty reliable. But like I said, timeline is "eventually." That could mean months, that could mean years.

12dbsinad

My source is pretty reliable. But like I said, timeline is "eventually." That could mean months, that could mean years.
If the analog system is working fine then they are probably in no rush to fix something that's not broken

onsceno

My source is pretty reliable. But like I said, timeline is "eventually." That could mean months, that could mean year
Unfortunately, the system is far from "fine" and hasn't been "fine" in years - co-users with no agreements and narrowbanding made for a terrible situation. Considering I've been contacted as consultation, I promise you, there is no solidified plan to do a thing to get out of their current mess short of pure exploratory measures.

Unfortunately, the system is far from "fine" and hasn't been "fine" in years - co-users with no agreements and narrowbanding made for a terrible situation. Considering I've been contacted as consultation, I promise you, there is no solidified plan to do a thing to get out of their current mess short of pure exploratory measures.
Any update on a possible change?

8000XE

Feed Provider
There are 2 quotes being reviewed at this time. One from Goosetown with Kenwood subscriber units and the other from Motorola with a combination of APX900 & 8000 subscriber units.

iamrftechnj

"There are 2 quotes being reviewed at this time. One from Goosetown with Kenwood subscriber units and the other from Motorola with a combination of APX900 & 8000 subscriber units."

have to wonder what kind of "comps" goosetown is going to offer to win the bid ?