Park Cities Dallas New Radio System News

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
For those of you that are able to monitor both the current system(s) and this new system, it might be a could time to compare activity. I believe there might be some patches in place from the old system to the new. Even though you might not be able to hear what they're saying on an encrypted talk group, if you see activity there that corresponds to a conventional channel, it might help ID'ing the talk group.

My guess is that University Park PD is on 443.
I heard radio testing call 449 "UP Public Works" and 451 "UP Events".
Not sure about 463, but it sounded like "HPIC", so maybe "Highland Park Incident Command".

Happy Scanning, but not for much longer with all of this encryption.

Ben

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Perhaps someone in the area can do a traffic analysis. Get the counts per talkgroup over a couple of days on the DMR system. Then when they move to the new system, do the same thing (counts and groups over time). After that, compare the counts and you should get a pretty good idea what the new groups are used for.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
After hearing a little more from discovery mode, 463 is likely HPISD, not HPIC.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
How much of the traffic on the new system is showing Enc os far? Is all of Highland Park and University Park public safety looking like it is going to be encrypted?

jason51

I would assume that most would be ENC due to it being on the GMRS system. Seems like the owners of that system push that.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The TGID that I think may be HP PD, is always encrypted, but so far, I have not been able to positively identify the new talkgroups. I may try what Russell sugested a few posts earlier, and park one scanner on the Park Cities site, and a second scanner on Highland Park's DMR system, just in case they are simulcasting (or have the channels patched together) at this time.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
After monitoring both the Park Cities layer of GMRS for about a week, as well as the "old frequencies and systems" for Highland Park, University Park, and SMU, I've seen only one transmission on UPs old conventional frequencies, and zero on the HP DMR system. Zero activity on any frequency licensed to SMU in Dallas County.

Since it appears everything is encrypted, I have no way to positively identify which TGID is being used by each agency.

I've logged 496 hits on TGID 423, which I suspect is Highland Park.

366 on TGID 437 (University Park?)

And 106 on TGID 443. I have not caught any unencrypted traffic on any of these three talkgroups.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Any sign of fire, or does it appear they are encrypted as well?
All of the talkgroups that I’ve seen active on the Park Cities site have been encrypted. As I also had their “old” fire frequencies programmed but had no activity, I would presume that they moved as well, and likely encrypted.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
Here are my notes. Since I wasn't monitoring the previous system(s), I'm not very sure about most of them, but there are a few I'm pretty confident about.

1618488267510.png

Attachments

• 1618488173230.png
    1618488173230.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 9

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Here are my notes. Since I wasn't monitoring the previous system(s), I'm not very sure about most of them, but there are a few I'm pretty confident about.

View attachment 102280
Thanks, Ben

I have been logging, but not recording, the Park Cities layer the last few days, as I was using my 325P2. So, I may have missed a few "clear" transmissions such as your preliminary ID for SMU. But, as I noted, I was not seeing activity on the old conventional channels, so apparently, if they previously were simulcasting old & new, that has been discontinued. The last transmission logged on my 536HP, which is not paused on a single system, was 04/04 for the HP DMR system. Nothing since then.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm going to unlock this thread to discuss if there are any further updates to the Park Cities use of this system?

I was in Dallas yesterday and monitored this the Park Cities layer of this system in search mode for a few hours during the evening and only caught encrypted traffic on TG 423.

Does anyone know if either University Park and Highland Park's Fire Departments are encrypted on the system or not? Any updates on unencrypted talkgroup usage in the Park Cities?

It looks like my daughter has decided to attend SMU so I'll be spending a bit more time there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.