Park City Ham Repeaters

seh911

Feed Provider
I found a ham repeater that is supposed to be on Quarry Pk in Park City ("PC") but can't connect, despite being in sight, a mile or so away. Anyone know of any repeaters in Park City that are operational?

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
It's not on the repeater list, and you can not access it, I am wondering where you heard/read about this repeater? What is the freq/tone supposed to be?

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
I worked the 2002 Olimpics in park city, I did on site comms for all the law enforcement agencys attached to the Utah olympic park and we were on the 2nd floor of the building next to the pool for the pratice ski jumps.
We had 3 408mhz encrypted repeters for us but they put up 440 & 145 Ham machines on the building also, they was to stay forever for the local hams when the Olympics were over
Not sure if that was the 440 but maybe they didnt last the 21 years on the building?

kd7rto

I don't know anything current about the Quarry Mtn site, but the Stagecoach Peak site in Summit County had to be dismantled. Neighboring property owners objected to it's presence. It had ham repeaters, and there is nothing in the works right now to get them relocated and back on the air.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
NZ6Z is an active license assigned to Stephen Mainwaring (Amateur Extra) in Park City. Possible that he took the repeater down, or it is limited range/low power.