Park Police with K9 units?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
I know this is not really radio related, but I'm trying to be specific to California.

Does anyone know of Park Police units (either PD's or Sheriff's Offices) that have a K9 unit? Trying to do some research for work.

Thanks guys.

Bill

RolnCode3

California State Parks does for sure.

US Park Police most likely does, as should the US NPS Rangers (that's more of a guess on the last one).

Fulton-El Camino (in Sac) ran one dog, but I think that program is dead now. EBRPD?

Are you talking about bite/patrol dogs, or straight narc/search dogs also.

kma371

QRT
i got your text the other day, thanks.

just patrol dog info is what im really looking for. our parks unit is looking at getting a patrol dog and i wanted to find out how other departments parks units have theirs set up .

commstar

Premium Subscriber
If you have not already considered it - a posting at Officer.com might bring more info than you ever wanted to know on this subject.

East Bay Regional Park PD had a program, likely stating the obvious.

kma371

QRT
commstar said:
If you have not already considered it - a posting at Officer.com might bring more info than you ever wanted to know on this subject.

East Bay Regional Park PD had a program, likely stating the obvious.

Step ahead of you re officer.com and some other forums, not much response though.

EBRP still has a program, only 1 K9 and one other in training. Waiting for the return call from their Lieutenant.

Thanks guys for your assistance.

kma371

QRT
mkeguyver said:
CA State Parks does.. They are the "king" units on their radio system..
Thank you, I was able to get in touch with them today.

SCPD

QRT
I've never heard of the National Park Service having canine units, but the U.S. Forest Service on the Angeles National Forest had a unit or two some years back. With the severe cutbacks the Forest Service has had, I'm not sure if they still have one now. They no longer show the law enforcement units on the Angeles CAD. I just looked up the San Bernardino National Forest CAD and they do show one "King" unit. The Cleveland National Forest might have one also, but their CAD rarely shows unit status at all. With all the illegal immigration activity on that Forest, it would seem like a good candidate for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.