Park Rangers in the Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if they're actively and currently using the system yet, but I think being part of DNR, they will be on it.

They might be like Forestry and other agencies, even though they have the capabilities to use ALMR (and have used it some), they don't use it much yet and still mainly using their old conventional frequency assignments.

kl1lt

Thanks.
I heard a trooper say the other night that they were calling them on the park ranger radio. They were looking for someone or something, but I missed the first part of the conversation.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
kl1lt said:
Thanks.
I heard a trooper say the other night that they were calling them on the park ranger radio. They were looking for someone or something, but I missed the first part of the conversation.

That reminds me, one of the channels for Chena Lakes Park Rangers (and possibly other areas is: 163.4375.

You could hear North Pole PD officers talk to them regularly in the summer on that frequency.

fireside

Premium Subscriber

Hey kl1it,are you from Iowa? Like your avatar. Big game this SAT. ISU at IOWA.

GO HAWKS!!!
Sorry about the hijack of the thread.

kl1lt

From Des Moines. Haven't lived their for about 15 years, but still gotta go for the HAWKS! I was their a few weeks ago for the fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.