Parke Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

What's going on in Parke Co that has had one of their fire depts on SW-MA 9 all day?

DJ11DLN

I did not hear them on SWMA Saturday. I'm in Clay Co. directly south of them and hear them on their own TGs all the time. But then I was a little preoccupied with the protest and was locked on the local city/county dispatch and ISP53 dispatch TGs for quite a while.

west-pac

I did not hear them on SWMA Saturday. I'm in Clay Co. directly south of them and hear them on their own TGs all the time. But then I was a little preoccupied with the protest and was locked on the local city/county dispatch and ISP53 dispatch TGs for quite a while.
I heard fire units 906 and 910, I believe. Maybe something about a grass rig, and a lake; and DNR accidentally locking them in with a gate. I think there was only 2 or 3 units on SW9, but they knew they were on SW9 also. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have chose a regional TG, if they didn't want to use a local group. I wonder if they didn't have a festival or something on a lake.

I'm in northeast Indiana, and not familiar with that area.

DJ11DLN

I heard fire units 906 and 910, I believe. Maybe something about a grass rig, and a lake; and DNR accidentally locking them in with a gate. I think there was only 2 or 3 units on SW9, but they knew they were on SW9 also. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have chose a regional TG, if they didn't want to use a local group. I wonder if they didn't have a festival or something on a lake.

I'm in northeast Indiana, and not familiar with that area.
No festivals around there this time of year. Normally there are fireworks over the lake on the Saturday closest to 7/4 but I'm pretty sure they cancelled it this year over COVID concerns. The lake is the Cecil M. Harden reservoir, pretty popular boating destination so they do have frequent runs there on weekends. I would guess that they had to hit the C.O. on SMWA to get him to come back and let them out, possibly he was from out of the local area working vacation time and didn't have any other TGs in common with them.

But that's in the nature of what they call a W.A.G., and it doesn't explain them being on it all day. I'll keep my eye on it and if I hear or find out anything I'll post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.