Parkland, WA Shooting Near McCord AFB

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Anyone monitoring this? Fox is reporting multiple officers shot, on the east side of the AFB, the trucking company we used to work for was right near there

Livewire3286

The feed here seems to be down sucks -

Update just posted on IBN

An update to the prior notification -
Getting reports that there have been 4 officers shot in the Lakewood Washington Area. Per Pierce Co. SO 4 officers were shot, they were sitting in a coffee shot when 2 people came into the coffee shop and shot the 4 officers point blank and killed. At this time they have not identified what agency the officers belonged to. Customers and employees were not hurt.

Livewire3286

According to a source i have on their radio system - Works up there in LE
They have the car pinned down at a residence, searching for suspects. (not sure how reliable this is)

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I know exactly where this was as we have been to that shop before and it is right across the street from Interstate Distributors where i worked

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Shooting of PD in Pierce County WA

I just spoke to my dad who lives a couple of miles from where this took place. He has been watching Northwest Cable News who has had non-interrupted coverage of the shooting. My dad also has a scanner.....

All 4 police officers were killed. It was apparently a targeted shooting (ambush), and no one else was shot. They were reporting that the shooter was a black male. The shooting took place at 116th at Steele at a fairly new "strip mall".

I am from this area and know it well. When I read the headline this morning it hit me hard. I hope the shooter gets what he dished out (prison is too good).

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Police seek ex-con in Wash. police shootings

PARKLAND, Wash. – A man with an extensive criminal past — including a lengthy prison sentence commuted by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee nearly a decade ago — was being sought Sunday in a deadly ambush on four police officers who were gunned down inside a coffee shop.

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer told reporters that Maurice Clemmons, 37, was believed to have been in the area around the time of the shooting, but declined to say what evidence might link him to the shooting.

Clemmons has an extensive violent criminal history from Arkansas, including aggravated robbery and theft, the sheriff's office said. He also recently was arrested and charged in Washington state for assaulting a police officer, and second-degree rape of a child. Using a bail bondsman, he posted $150,000 and was released from jail last week.

Still unclear was why a man entered the coffee shop and gunned down Sgt. Mark Renninger, 39; and Officers Ronald Owens, 37; Tina Griswold, 40; and Greg Richards 42.

Full Story: Police seek ex-con in Wash. police shootings - Yahoo! News

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Here's a twist on this incident: Police Could File Charges Against KING-TV Over Chopper

LAKEWOOD, Wash. -- The Pierce County prosecutor may file charges against KING-TV's news director and helicopter pilot because the station's chopper allegedly interfered with the investigation into the fatal shootings of four Lakewood police officers, said Ed Troyer of the sheriff's office.

Full story: Police Could File Charges Against KING-TV Over Chopper - News Story - KIRO Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.