Parkview Community Church - Orland Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
My wife and I visited Parkview Community Church in Orland Park for the first time this morning. Upon arrival, I noticed they had some people directing traffic and they had radios on their belts. Didn't really give it much thought until, while we were sitting in our car waiting for friends to arrive, I saw a Jeep drive past with "Parkview Security" on the side, and the driver was talking on an HT. Of course then the light bulb lit up over my head and I thought, "Hmmmm, if I come next week, I'm going to bring my scanner with, and have close call look for freq's."

After I got home, I thought that perhaps I could find some frequencies looking on the FCC's ULS, but I drew a blank. Wouldn't they have to have a license to work security and traffic control and who knows what else inside the building? From the quick glimpse I got, they didn't look like FRS/GMRS radios. Is a license needed to use MURS freqs?

If we go next week, I told my wife we'd get there about 10:15am (starts at 11:00am) so I'd have time to search. If close call doesn't pick anything up, what would be the most likely frequency range(s) I should scan through to see if I can find any activity?

Thanks in advance for any info / tips / suggestions you can provide.

SSSG

:)

Last edited:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Well, my wife and I made it back to Parkview today. Sat in the lot before and after the service (about 20 minutes each time) and did come across a couple of frequencies.

464.500 (no pl/dpl) was being used for their shuttles to the remote parking lot. A search through the database shows this is the Business "Brown Dot" frequency.

Also heard was 469.5125 (didn't get a chance to write down the pl). Sounded like it could have been ushers or support staff directing people to open seats in the auditorium.

Didn't pick up any traffic from the guys directing traffic or the guy driving around the area in the security truck.

Will take my scanner with me again next week and see if I can get more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.