Parkville,Misssouri scanner help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FF1981

I'm trying to help my brother in law in Parkville monitor law and fire.Will a Uniden BC245XLT work using the freqs found in the RR database? Platte Co. to be exact.

radiomankc

Unfortunately, I don't think so. Almost all communications in the KC Metro are on a P25 Phase I system with plans to move to Phase II. Plenty of Skywarn, amateur radio in analog he could listen to but for LE, Fire, etc he will Med. P25Phase I and soon Phase II

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, I don't think so. Almost all communications in the KC Metro are on a P25 Phase I system with plans to move to Phase II. Plenty of Skywarn, amateur radio in analog he could listen to but for LE, Fire, etc he will Med. P25Phase I and soon Phase II

Have you heard an estimated time of when the Phase II transition is expected to occur? I've heard two different things (first being Phase II is still 4+ years out and the other target as being sometime in Mid-2018). Still lots of subscribers on the system who use only Phase I capable radios...

radiomankc

It is indeed a Motorola system. With regards to Phase II, I have heard each of the spectrum. Some say soon and some say much longer. I would hate to see someone down $400+ on a scanner and not have Phase II I know that many people talk about Hp336 and 536 but I have both but the home Patrol II is in my option is the sleepy giant of Uniden. I have had nothing but problems with the 436/536 and the HP-2 is rock solid. I know that's a little off topic but I thought I'd send out that recommendation.

FF1981

Thanks for the info Radiomankc and BTW I agree,the HomePatrol ll is a very good scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.