Parkway Headquarters Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
This morning around 7:45 AM I am picking up Troopers going completely nuts stopping cars on both Parkway and Turnpike using the Headquarters Channel, Never seen anything like it with all my years of scanning.

W2SJW

Database Admin
They were doings this as well yesterday morning - so much so that it garnered a mention on 101.5's 'fast traffic' spots.

DJ88

Is the HQ channel also the car to car channel, or is car to car a different TGID? If it's a different one, could someone please post it. There's a Turnpike car to car channel listed in the database here but none for the Parkway. Thanks.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
This has been going on for a few months now, usually on Fridays. Sometimes they just pull over everyone in sight, other times they focus on CVI stops.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Still shaking my head about yesterday I am scanning the state police since they where on high band VHF never heard anything like it.

While I am at it anyone know what is the best channel when they are speed traps set up ??
One is shooting / Laser while another NJSP is pulling you over a 1/2 mile ahead ??

Thanks

Tony

BillMcE

On Saturday afternoon I was listening to the Headquarters Channel again. I heard car-to-car communications between 2 troopers on a funeral procession detail. The lead car telling the trailing car which turns he was making & so forth. The procession was mostly on Route 35 in Monmouth County - Hazlet, Holmdel, ending in Middletown where the cemetery was located. Is this type of communication typical for the Headquarters Channel?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
This has been going on for a few months now, usually on Fridays. Sometimes they just pull over everyone in sight, other times they focus on CVI stops.

Parkway HQ channels is just that. It's used for Troop E communications across districts, Troop E special detrails, as well as when Tactical Patrol Units are doing targeted enforcement. Usually they do it on Thursday and Friday mornings.

AC2OY

Still shaking my head about yesterday I am scanning the state police since they where on high band VHF never heard anything like it.

While I am at it anyone know what is the best channel when they are speed traps set up ??
One is shooting / Laser while another NJSP is pulling you over a 1/2 mile ahead ??

Thanks

Tony

Tony what frequency range are we talking about here? I didn't know they used anything other the trunked system.

CM1

Premium Subscriber
The "Parkway HQ" talkgroup is listed in the database (27088) on the NJSP 800 system.

Sybex7254

Tony what frequency range are we talking about here? I didn't know they used anything other the trunked system.

I believe he's referring to the old VHF 154.905 and 155.505 frequencies that used to be used on the NJSP Troop E on the GSP years ago.

AC2OY

Ok so needles to say I should add those channels in?! Can you add conventional frequencies to a trunked system using a Uniden 536 and sentinel software?

jvdet

Add the channels in their own system
TAC PAC oh yea those guys roam statewide - based in each troop there is or was TAC PAC - manpower permitting; using both trunk & simplex if needed
Parkway units had - years ago used the Parkway Maintence 800 channels for radar and such, or use channel 9a
What is the status of the old parkway 800 system - channels are still license
Turnpike also use or can use the 800 simplex channels listed in the data base,

Status
Not open for further replies.