Parkway & Turnpike - Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Guys,

Forgive me for being out of the loop for a while, but how long have the central area dispatches for both the NJTP & GSP been simulcast on Troop B (along with their normal ops on Troop C)?

Thanks in advance...

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I've seen the GSP & TPK talkgroups come and go for almost a year now. C3-5 and has also been simulcast on B-Troop for several months as well.

In addition, they have been doing a lot of patches with the Marine Talkgroups. C3-10 has been on B-Troop for a few weeks...and I have seem them patch all the marine talkgroups together as well.

W2SJW

Yep, I saw C3-5 coming in last night as well. I thought something was wrong with my scanner!

W2SJW

Just an update for you guys - I spoke with my friend that works behind-the-scenes, and he confirmed what I suspected when it comes to these TGID's being heard across multiple troops.

With the NJSP system now a full-fledged SmartZone OmniLink, patches aren't used anymore unless needed for a special purpose. As an example, those of us that are hearing C3-5 on Troop B are hearing that because someone with a radio that has it's primary assignment on Troop C is keeping that said radio tuned to C3-5 while physically having the radio in Troop B's geographical coverage area.

Possibly a supervisor that takes their vehicle home or a Trooper that patrols in 5-COMM's area and lives up here (and leaves his HT on in the charger) are both valid possible reasons why we're hearing such interesting stuff since January.

This is just a larger-scale example of automatic cross-affiliation that takes place all day long on Burlington County's system...

Last edited:

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
That makes sense. I have heard some of the C3-2x CIB talkgroups on B-Troop also, that would explain it.

I have a feeling that this isn't the case for everyone because I have heard units that had to manually switch over from 1 troop to another because they went out of range while traveling from 1 troop to another.

W2SJW

Yeah, that's the one thing I forgot to ask him - what kind of users get the auto-affiliation on their TGID's and who dosen't...

Status
Not open for further replies.