Parlier PD ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

clovisb31

I used to hear them on Fresno Sheriff Channel 6 the county contract dispatch channel frequency 153.665. They used to be very active on that channel. I have been listening for several days and do not hear them. Have they moved to another channel ? The Agency is too small to have their own Dispatcher and has no FCC license.
Any ideas?

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Parlier was actively searching for a new dispatch to save on costs several years ago, based on that article. My guess is they found a new home, right at the fiscal year end, but I am unsure with whom. I'll listen around as time permits and update this thread and the RR database if I find them. I have a phasing issue with Selma P.D. and my other VHF/UHF antennas are in use, so I need to deploy another.

clovisb31

STOP the PRESSES !!!!

I just heard one Parlier unit #39 make a transmission. Have been listening all morning. Only one transmission heard from that unit. No other Parlier units heard. It must be really slow down there (a good thing).

I DO continue to hear the usual contract cities also ( Sanger, Fowler, Kingsburg and Kerman PD's) on 153.665 , which is typical.

emt_531

As of 2019, I thought they were being dispatched by Coalinga PD according to their Facebook page.

clovisb31

As of 2019, I thought they were being dispatched by Coalinga PD according to their Facebook page.

And I confirmed this with a source that has direct knowledge this afternoon.
Coalinga is 50-60 miles from Parlier. I can hear Coalinga PD at my location. Unknown what unit numbers they use. Haven't heard any Parlier traffic yet, just tuned in a few minutes ago. A 50-100 watt mobile radio would make it into the Coalinga PD repeater, but not so sure about a 5 watt UHF handheld. Thats a pretty long haul, especially from inside a structure or if the officer uses a speaker mike with the radio on his belt and the associated body loss attenuation of the signal. Yikes!

emt_531

And I confirmed this with a source that has direct knowledge this afternoon.
Coalinga is 50-60 miles from Parlier. I can hear Coalinga PD at my location. Unknown what unit numbers they use. Haven't heard any Parlier traffic yet, just tuned in a few minutes ago. A 50-100 watt mobile radio would make it into the Coalinga PD repeater, but not so sure about a 5 watt UHF handheld. Thats a pretty long haul, especially from inside a structure or if the officer uses a speaker mike with the radio on his belt and the associated body loss attenuation of the signal. Yikes!

I wondered the same thing when I read the story months ago when it came out. It's 70 miles by car, but still a long stretch for a portable.

emt_531

An FCC search shows a frequency of 460.2625 for Parlier PD, with 1-100 watt output, 40-45 watt outputs and 40-4 watt outputs

clovisb31

An FCC search shows a frequency of 460.2625 for Parlier PD, with 1-100 watt output, 40-45 watt outputs and 40-4 watt outputs

Well, looks like Parlier PD has their own Repeater at City Hall. I hear dispatch traffic coming out on the 460.2625 output. It is also simulcast with Coalinga PD Dispatch frequency of 460.350. Same dispatcher/traffic on both repeaters. Looks like the mystery is solved.
Curious how the two systems are linked (wireline, microwave, IP based, etc.) as the two agencies are 60 miles apart.

Maybe a database update is in order?

Parlier PD FCC call sign is WRCQ531 FB2 repeater with 100 watts ERP (thats a lot of RF for such a small area). TX Frequency 460.2625

Thanks guy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.