Parma P25 TG1553 Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

budevans

Since last Friday Parma P25 Talk Group 1553 has been active with Police dispatch traffic. I've heard the following locations mentioned, Old York Road, Stumph Road and W130th and Huffman.

Those locations are close to the Parma Heights, Parma border. Not sure if I'm hearing Parma Heights PD traffic or a limited test area of Parma PD traffic. I am still monitoring Parma PD on the Parma EDAC system.

When Parma PD was on P25 last year their radio IDs were in the 11XXX range, the traffic on TG1553 is coming from radio IDs in the 16XXX range. Last year when Parma PD was on P25 they used TG273 for dispatch.

Radio Reference lists Parma Heights Police and Fire on the SWRCN system.

If anyone can identify the traffic on TG1553 or has additional information please pass it along.

Thanks.

budevans

Well I just got my answer regarding Parma P25 TG1553. It's Parma Hts. PD dispatch.

I had two scanners on, one monitoring Parma P25 and the other Parma EDACS. A patrol car on TG1553 radioed its dispatcher that the accident it responded to was in Parma. The dispatcher on TG1553 said she'd call Parma. A couple of seconds later I heard Parma PD on EDACS dispatch a patrol car. The Parma patrol car arrived and confirmed that he saw the Parma Heights car already at the scene.

So Parma Heights PD Dispatch can be heard on Parma P25 TG1553.

Now the next question. Is Parma Heights moving to Parma P25 from SWRCN or is this a patch setup?

Note: I can't received SWRCN so I can't tell if they are broadcasting on both systems. Any input from folks able to monitor both systems would be appreciated.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
It doesn't help that the RRDB already lists a Parma Heights PD Dispatch entry with a TGID of 13 on the Parma P25 system.

Guys who monitor this sytem definitely need to put their collective heads together to figure which was is up so that we don't populate the DB with any more erroneous info than may already be in it.

Hopefully you'll be able to get some others to monitor as well.

Mike

budevans

Mike I totally agree.

I don't know who entered the Parma Heights TGID 13 listing. I've been monitoring Parma P25 since December 2008 and my scanner reports 0 hits for TGID 13.

In the last day and a half I've monitored over 600 hits from Parma Heights PD on TGID 1553. So I'm fairly certain there is erroneous info in the DB. But, we definitely need information from others in the area to clear up this issue.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I can confirm 1554 is Parma Hts PD, probably new TAC used encryption tonight
Radio ID's 16100 & 16190

Mike

I've added this to the DB. The problem is how best to describe in an alpha tag. Any suggestions?

1553 P HGTS PD
1554 P HGTS PDTAC

That's what is in there now. If that looks good, great. If you think a better description (12 chars or less) can be made, a suggestion would be appreciated.

Mike

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I've added this to the DB. The problem is how best to describe in an alpha tag. Any suggestions?

1553 P HGTS PD
1554 P HGTS PDTAC

That's what is in there now. If that looks good, great. If you think a better description (12 chars or less) can be made, a suggestion would be appreciated.

Mike

Mike,

When I find one short for space I use "PTAC" for law enforcement and
"FTAC" for fire. I think it coveys the same meaning without using the "D" in there.
You could probably even drop the "G" from "HGTS" and without losing meaning. Otherwise that looks good to me.

budevans

Folks FYI, there are three TGID currently in use by Parma Hts PD (radio id's 16XXX). TGID 1553 (PD Dispatch) 1554 and 1555 are both encrypted PD comms.

I see mtindor updated the database and added 1554 as PD TAC. Do you want to list 1555 also? Since both 1554 and 1555 are encrypted, not sure about the alpha tags. Do you want to update 1554 to TAC1 and add 1555 as TAC2?

Regarding 12 character alpha tags. I'd go with P HTS PDTAC#. The P and F are similar looking so I prefer PD and just F. Easier for me to pickup on at a glance.

One last item, the Mode for 1554 is posted as D (Digital) shouldn't it be E (Encrypted)?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Folks FYI, there are three TGID currently in use by Parma Hts PD (radio id's 16XXX). TGID 1553 (PD Dispatch) 1554 and 1555 are both encrypted PD comms.

I see mtindor updated the database and added 1554 as PD TAC. Do you want to list 1555 also? Since both 1554 and 1555 are encrypted, not sure about the alpha tags. Do you want to update 1554 to TAC1 and add 1555 as TAC2?

Regarding 12 character alpha tags. I'd go with P HTS PDTAC#. The P and F are similar looking so I prefer PD and just F. Easier for me to pickup on at a glance.

One last item, the Mode for 1554 is posted as D (Digital) shouldn't it be E (Encrypted)?

Sounds like a plan Bud. I'll make the noted additions and corrections. Thanks for being my second set of eyes.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Mike,

"FTAC" for fire. I think it coveys the same meaning without using the "D" in there.
You could probably even drop the "G" from "HGTS" and without losing meaning. Otherwise that looks good to me.

Thanks, Mark. Makes sense. I'll try to adhere to that in the future. The existing entries for Parma Heights and the new one have been changed to convey that.

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
"FTAC" for fire. I think it coveys the same meaning without using the "D" in there. You could probably even drop the "G" from "HGTS" and without losing meaning. Otherwise that looks good to me.

Ditto, drop the G. For example:

P HTS FTAC-1

For dispatch, P HTS FDISP works.

This way you have a good name that reflects agency and use, fits in 12 characters, and leaves the door open for additional FTAC (or PTAC, as the case may be) talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.