Parsippany, NJ - Long Valley squad to upgrade emergency radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nj is broke?New radio system drop in the bucket.

This just goes to show you that New Jersey is so poor and cant afford anything,this 66K radio system is just something they cant afford and are buying anyway.....A small town getting an unnecessary radio upgrade while the little people get pink slips and the roads remain a MESS.Nobodys concerned about this?Meanwhile your taxes go sky high.

GM

Premium Subscriber
I think if I read this correctly, this is a FEDERAL grant, and NOT from the State of New Jersey. This has to do with Federal taxes, and nothing to do with NJ State taxes being used. This Federal grant SAVES the NJ taxpayer money (aka $$). Perhaps I read the article wrong?? (Note: the State of New Jersey has it's own budget problems, but I do not see where the connection between a Federal grant and NJ State tax revenues to purchase new radio equipment coincide here).

Last edited:

JoeyC

According to an article I just read, the town budget last year was $59 million. They are asking for more than $60 million this year.

$66K for a radio upgrade is almost nothing. Just what are your qualifications in managing a city budget that makes it an unnecessary expense?

Some of you people are hilarious. Everytime money is spent on radio system upgrades, all the radioreference.com municipal financial experts chime in with how it is a waste of money. :roll:

Either way

Either way if its state or federal its going to cost YOU all money! Right?
Look up what Nj owes.
Look up what our national debt is.
What are the politicians doing right?

SCPD

QRT
They have been on VHF simplex for decades sharing a frequency and radio tower with CenCom.

radiomanNJ1

Here is a typical taxpayer. It's Federal money not the tax dollars he pays.

Govt. only collects the money we pay into it and takes a great portion for operating expenses and then provides services and grants. All grants are someone's hard working persons tax dollars. Learn to live with in your budget.

I think if I read this correctly, this is a FEDERAL grant, and NOT from the State of New Jersey. This has to do with Federal taxes, and nothing to do with NJ State taxes being used. This Federal grant SAVES the NJ taxpayer money (aka $$). Perhaps I read the article wrong?? (Note: the State of New Jersey has it's own budget problems, but I do not see where the connection between a Federal grant and NJ State tax revenues to purchase new radio equipment coincide here).

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
Where does it say anything about a new radio? It says they are buying narrow band radios to comply with the 2013 mandate. 68,000 isnt that much money for radios

SCPD

QRT
This EMS agency is located in Washington Township, Morris County. For some reason it says Parsippany. These are two different Townships in Morris County. I wish some of you people get the facts right before you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.