Parsippany/Troy Hills P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJFireD1

Im a bit confused...so their old UHF firegrounds are now 700 simplex, but Districts 1 & 2 stayed with County on their UHF trunked system but switched to 700 firegrounds as well ? Or did they keep their UHF for fireground or are they using one of the County UHF firegrounds.

The old firegrounds are still in the UHF radios and licensed for use and therefore available. D1 & 2 will probably use the old town ones mostly, ground 1-5 was nonrepeated anyway.

The other districts will use the 700 grounds primarily.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
The old firegrounds are still in the UHF radios and licensed for use and therefore available. D1 & 2 will probably use the old town ones mostly, ground 1-5 was nonrepeated anyway.

The other districts will use the 700 grounds primarily.

So then the UHF firegrounds should be added back?

slingshot202

Feed Provider
@RadioDitch it's not the truck. I do not get them at home. Roof Antenna, Discone in attic, handheld. BCD436, BD536, BCD996p2. Nothing, nada.

I am going to have to try and see what I can dig up along the lines of putting it in my truck and see what happens.

Looks like my SIL some day could be getting a scanner she was not planning for. LOL

ansky

Elevation Elevation Elevation...

It's more than just elevation though. As I mentioned in a previous post, I drove around the Eagle Rock area of West Orange (650 feet elevation) and could barely pull in even a hint of this system. Someone mentioned the antennas being angled downward so I think the signal just doesn't get this far out from Parsippany.

W2SJW

Database Admin
My apologies for the submission mis-communication screw-up over the weekend regarding the firegrounds.

I was trying to catch up on numerous submissions while I was on vacation from 12/21 through 1/3. Now that I'm back beating my head against the wall at work, I ask one small favor (not just regarding this system):

When you make submissions for complex/complicated agencies, be brutally explicit with your info. Please do not leave any possible scenario where I have to assume what stays & goes!

We've got a small handful of guys that are such amazing submitters, I wish I could tag them with gold stars (or something similar) to denote how well of a job they do putting together their data. On the flip side, don't even get me started on those that submit business DMR stuff with no CC/TG/slot info (but I digress), etc!

Carry on, gentlemen... :p

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Looks like they are now rebroadcasting the Fire and EMS response talkgroups from PARSIPPANY's trunked system now over their UHF repeaters instead of FIRE RESP 7 and EMS RESP 4 from Morris County's trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.