Parsippany/Troy Hills P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Hey guys.

I made an old thread a little while ago about Parsippany’s new system. At the time of making the thread the system was not on the air

They have been quiet the last few days on their conventional 800 frequency. The PD anyway.

I put their system in my scanner, and unfortunately am out of range to get any signal. But on the conventional frequencies of the TRS, I was getting static.

GTR, Scott anything on it? @W2SJW @GTR8000

I’m wondering if they have moved, or are in the process.

Nick

08GMC4X4

Looks like work has begun on Parsippany’s new radio system. Does anyone have any idea what type of system it will be etc.

NParkNJ

On the Road
Looks like work has begun on Parsippany’s new radio system. Does anyone have any idea what type of system it will be etc.

Last week I was not able to decode anything with the frequencies as a P25 system(on my 996p2).

I had to monitor them conventionally and I did get some static, but nothing I could decode.

It may have changed since then.

It is supposed to be a P25 Phase 2 system from what the licenses show and what I have heard from an area dispatcher. I have no inside knowledge myself, however.

Also, the same dispatcher I spoke with, said there is a chance Montville may “piggyback” off Parsippany’s system. I only hope, as Montville’s P25 system is in shambles and has been. The P25 is quote: “held together by bandaids.”

They already have APX’s it looked like 6k’s from what I could see when I was last down in the area for my regular job(work in Parsippany).

I would assume besides the new TRS, they will probably have their current P25 Ch1, and 2 for backup or maybe tac operations.

I can take a ride down there and see what I get on my 996p2. I already have it programmed in.

Nick

NParkNJ

On the Road
Should add also, as of last night, PD are still on Conventional P25, their usual channel.

Will continue to monitor that as well.

ansky

Should add also, as of last night, PD are still on Conventional P25, their usual channel.

Will continue to monitor that as well.

I heard them this morning too. For a town the size of Parsippany they are surprisingly quiet.

res5cue

The Pd does alot of communication via their MDTs. And from what I've heard that only the FD and EMS are going to be on the 700mhz system. Heard from 2 sources that PD doesn't want to leave their 800 P25 conventional channels. But that was as of a couple months ago. I'll inquire with my contact and see If anything changed. IMHO it would make sense for all agencies to use the new 700 system.

NParkNJ

On the Road
The Pd does alot of communication via their MDTs. And from what I've heard that only the FD and EMS are going to be on the 700mhz system. Heard from 2 sources that PD doesn't want to leave their 800 P25 conventional channels. But that was as of a couple months ago. I'll inquire with my contact and see If anything changed. IMHO it would make sense for all agencies to use the new 700 system.

hmmm. Good to know. I actually would be in favor of police staying where they are. They get great coverage(can hear them up in Ringwood). But for FD/EMS to switch and PD not to? I know with T-Band looming, it would makes sense for all of them to switch.

ansky

So would that mean the FD would no longer be on the county system at all?

08GMC4X4

All good information thanks for responses. All I know is I saw two men on the tower at the police headquarters today.

NParkNJ

On the Road
So I took a ride down to Parsippany(for the first time in 3 months, crazy enough), and I can confirm the system is not online. I went down 287, got off at exit 42 and went down 202(Parsippany Blvd).
The frequencies are definitely strong, but all white noise static with nothing to decode yet.

Their conventional P25 was active tonight, usual channel. Will continue monitoring.

NParkNJ

On the Road
So would that mean the FD would no longer be on the county system at all?

Would assume probably not then. Heard they originally went to county because they were having issues with their own repeaters on UHF, and County was only temporary until they “fixed their system.” That was a little while ago.

In actuality it would make sense for the new system to have all services on it. The fire/ems vehicles I would assume would have county/interop radios.

I say this a lot, but with T-Band also looming, County itself may not even be on the same radio system. We shall see.

davejl2001

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone else happen to notice today the workers on top of the Parsippany water tower at 80 & 287 installing new antennas? Wonder what they are for...

Status
Not open for further replies.