Part to Convert SDS200 LAN to Wi-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Some time ago a member posted a part off of Amazon to convert SDS200 LAN Cable to Wi-Fi to join my home network since the SDS200 is not near the router for LAN Cable use. I want to send my SDS200 to my iPhone while on the road through ProScan Remote Client. Can anybody help?
Thanks
Jim

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Some time ago a member posted a part off of Amazon to convert SDS200 LAN Cable to Wi-Fi to join my home network since the SDS200 is not near the router for LAN Cable use. I want to send my SDS200 to my iPhone while on the road through ProScan Remote Client. Can anybody help?
Thanks
Jim

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I want to send my SDS200 to my iPhone while on the road through ProScan Remote Client. Can anybody help?
Thanks
Jim

Just as an FYI, the proscan remote client will only work on a Windows PC. For the iPhone, you would use the Proscan web server on a PC at home, and connect to it remotely using the web browser on the phone.

Ubbe

I have used those Vonets VAP11 blue WiFi adapters at $20 or something for more than 10 years and have been trouble free for me, when used below ch8. They have an additional standard 12v jack so that you can put a 1female-2male splitter at the scanners 12v plug if you do not have a USB power source.

/Ubbe

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
I tried the Vonets. It sucks, cfg browser is down, so I couldn't even get it on my network. I already processed the amazon return. Going to go with the IOGear.
What menu item do I use on the SDS200 to connect to the wifi bridge?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I tried the Vonets. It sucks, cfg browser is down, so I couldn't even get it on my network. I already processed the amazon return. Going to go with the IOGear.
What menu item do I use on the SDS200 to connect to the wifi bridge?

Connect the bridge to your WiFi first, easiest to use WPS if your WiFi uses that.

Then you set the LAN settings on the SDS200 just the same as is you were connecting it straight to a wired RJ45 router or switch connection.

Menu --> Settings -->LAN Settings -->Set IP Assignment

I prefer to use manual (static) addressing rather than DHCP.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok. So once my wireless bridge is on my network and connected to the SDS200 LAN, I just punch in my IP?
Thanks

Yes, if you are not familiar with manually setting the IP address on your SDS200 (subnet, gateway, etc.), just use DHCP (auto) settings.

Ubbe

I tried the Vonets. It sucks, cfg browser is down, so I couldn't even get it on my network.
The problem are usually that at factory delivery it uses 192.168.254.254 so you will have to set that subnet in your computers ip configuration and you must also remember to start the WinPcap program before trying to login to it it from a browser.

I have two of those and have reconfigured them at least 10 times for connecting at work and at friends homes and have been a breeze to use and have good coverage even from downstairs floor to upstairs.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.