Parts for Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnaMarieNJ

I know my scanner is old, but if anyone has any extra parts in very good condition, I'd like to purchase them from you:

Antenna
Yellow battery holder (rechargeable)
Belt clip

My scanner came only with the antenna (but I want another one just in case) and I don't know what other accessories I may need/want in addition to those listed above. Are there other accessories I'm missing?

Any help would be appreciated.

I've already read on the forums that RS no longer sells these parts, so I don't know where else to ask.

Thanks!

Donna

ltjweiss

really? radioshack doesnt carry those parts? those three parts you listed should be interchangeable with other models. but you can upgrade your antenna to a better one if you want. but make sure you yourself call your nearby radioshack and ask or this customer service number 1-800-843-7422. you might get more help from the number because the salespeople there will know more about cellphones than scanners. or you might luck out on this site with people with extra parts this site is full of helpful people.
oh and welcome to the RR.com community!

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Antenna
Belt clip

I've already read on the forums that RS no longer sells these parts, so I don't know where else to ask.

When I get to the store on Thursday, I will look up the part number for the belt clip and verify that it is in stock in the parts department

The battery holder is the same one for the Pro 164 which is a current model and other scanners
Part number 12228805 is the HOLDER ASSY FOR RECHG. BTRY'S and your cost is $5.99 pluss shipping and it is In Stock as of 02/08/10

For the antenna, if you are using the radio to monitor 800 systems, there are anumber of them available from different sources including Radio Shack.

DonnaMarieNJ

I don't care what I get belt or carrying case - I keep dropping the darn thing (which is why I want another antenna as well).

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I know my scanner is old, but if anyone has any extra parts in very good condition, I'd like to purchase them from you:

Antenna
Belt clip
Donna

Just walk into your local RadioShack and ask the Sales Associate to order these RSU part #'s.

RSU Part#
Antenna: 10539476 $10.99
Belt Clip: 11274966 $2.79
Rechargeable Battery Holder: 12228805 $5.99

I've already read on the forums that RS no longer sells these parts, so I don't know where else to ask.Donna

Don't believe everything you read on the internet :) And don't forget, there will be shipping on these items.

DonnaMarieNJ

I may be a "girl," but I'm far from "hawt!" :)

And it's not necessarily a hobby. I am totally clueless. Just give me the scanner fully programmed, teach me the very basics, and I'm set. I'm not into it like you guys!

HOWEVER, I know where to come to pick someone's brains - RR!

BTW, given that I had no idea how to program the scanner, it would have been nice to have found someone in my area who COULD teach me, or program it for me. As it is, Radio Shacks in my area were clueless, so I had to have a complete stranger program it for me. I would very much like to have someone nearby whose brain I could pick. Someone to ask questions if I push a wrong button, etc. But you guys are here!

I only posted the question because I saw on a RR thread that the older parts couldn't be ordered from Radio Shack. I just assumed it was true.

Donna

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
ha! last time i was there "the sales associate" couldnt even find the sku# for a pro-97

Hey, give them a break, I can't even remember the SKU# for most of the items we carry in the stores today let alone what we used to carry last year.

DonnaMarieNJ

Can I ask you one more favor? The carrying case - can I have that number, and is it for use when the scanner is on, or just for traveling?

Donna

jamesa53

BTW, given that I had no idea how to program the scanner, it would have been nice to have found someone in my area who COULD teach me, or program it for me. As it is, Radio Shacks in my area were clueless, so I had to have a complete stranger program it for me. I would very much like to have someone nearby whose brain I could pick. Someone to ask questions if I push a wrong button, etc. But you guys are here! [/QUOTE

Get Don Starrs programming software for PC Win96 here:

PRO-96 Software - Win96 - Data Management Software for the RadioShack PRO-96 and PRO-2096 Digital Trunking Scanners

Free Trial for 30 days (I think), then you can buy a license key for $30 if you like it (YOU WILL.)

Get a premium RR subscription. The Win 96 software will let you import the freqs from the database directly into the software and you can download them and other settings into the scanner.

Buy a RS 20-047 cable, do not use the stereo to mono adapter

and program/reprogram it yourself.

Then you wont need us guys ;(

BTW the 96 is a great scanner. I have a 106 and usually listen to the 96 cause IMHO it has better audio and looks better.

Status
Not open for further replies.