Pasadena PD only comes across one site. But no one else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
On your scanner, try to hold on just the 3-03 site and not let it bounce to the other sites.
Also you mentioned early on reception issues due to distance from 3-03. Was that on the scanner or subscriber unit or both?
I think i should probably bow out of this for now and let W5WHT chime in as he is located in Houston and i dont want to prevent him from actually helping.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
What @IAmSixNine is trying to get across is pretty accurate.

To listen to Pasadena PD dispatch you need to listen to a Zone/RFSS 3 site and 03-003 is your best bet as it has subsites from Reed Rd to Clear Lake to Deer Park. For SO or constables you need a Zone/RFSS 1/2 site. But keep in mind not all agencies are allowed on all sites in their home zone, so just picking a random site may or may get the results you expect.

Also TG's below 3xxxxx will be on Zone/RFSS 1/2 and ones above that will be on Zone/RFSS 3 as they are administered by different agencies (Harris County vs CoH).

Site 03-003 works just fine in my SDS100 all over the area so I suspect the issue is with your 325 not handling LSM very well.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing OP is a city wrecker driver and wants to listen to PD Patrol 1 to get a heads-up on dispatches (they're dispatched off Patrol 2) in which case I'll second the recommendation for a Unication G4/G5.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I'm guessing OP is a city wrecker driver and wants to listen to PD Patrol 1 to get a heads-up on dispatches (they're dispatched off Patrol 2) in which case I'll second the recommendation for a Unication G4/G5.

Darn wrecker drivers.

Cruiseomatic

What @IAmSixNine is trying to get across is pretty accurate.

To listen to Pasadena PD dispatch you need to listen to a Zone/RFSS 3 site and 03-003 is your best bet as it has subsites from Reed Rd to Clear Lake to Deer Park. For SO or constables you need a Zone/RFSS 1/2 site. But keep in mind not all agencies are allowed on all sites in their home zone, so just picking a random site may or may get the results you expect.

Also TG's below 3xxxxx will be on Zone/RFSS 1/2 and ones above that will be on Zone/RFSS 3 as they are administered by different agencies (Harris County vs CoH).

Site 03-003 works just fine in my SDS100 all over the area so I suspect the issue is with your 325 not handling LSM very well.
Site 03-003 is the only site I'm able to pick them up on. I'll try the other RFFS 3 sites again. Central like I've said works great as well as the others that I can tell so far. I've checked and can't find any other site using the same frequencies as 03-003 so how could it be LSM if only one site is TX on 773.38125?

Yes, I am. Our work radios do scan PD 1 and 2 simultaneously. This is just for when I'm off duty. If I were to get a g4/g5 I would just opt for the SDS 100 than since I hear it is able to handle LSM just fine. Whats strange is, Its only this site I have an issue with and none of the others. Radio just acts like it is hardly getting a signal. When it does work, I don't get unintelligible audio. Just slow at picking up PD talk groups.
I've also been getting a issue with the BNC connector getting dirty when the antenna is never removed and covers the connection. How can I thoroughly clean the female portion and keep it clean?

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
The only other site I've heard Pasadena PD on is Southwest Simulcast, but I'm not sure why you'd want to listen to any other site than Southeast from Pasadena when there's a subsite right there at 1201 Davis. The coverage is excellent anywhere inside the city on a radio that's actually built to handle LSM (simulcast.)

Unications do a much better job of scanning a small number of talkgroups and parking on a single talkgroup than a SDS100, or any other consumer-grade scanner. I've used both G4s and G5s and I cannot say enough good things about them for monitoring P25 trunking. They really are the next best thing to an APX.

Cruiseomatic

Unless I have the wrong frequencies, Or more lost than I thought, But when we tore down the old station, The site basically went with it because those frequencies are dead now. Long post short, What frequencies am I missing?
I tried posting my freescan file but its not being recognized so I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.