Pasadena PD - very quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.

oceans777

Listener
Not sure if Pasadena is having system (conventional) problems or in process of changing to new freqs\system but something is up. Using three different recievers, almost no activity today.

F1 - 482.3375 dispatch is normally very busy, no activity on it for most of the day.
F2 - 482.4375 normally used only for 27/29 & records is currently the only active for past several hours - being used for records and also some dispatch but even this is a fraction of normal activity.
F3 - 482.5375 normally light 'talkaround' use is all quiet.
F4 - 482.6375 detectives, vice has been unusually quiet for about a week or so.

It's very strange and way, way too quiet. Don't see any new lic data applied for or in use and even scanning the unidentified Pasadena city freqs, nothing.

Maybe just system outage but how are they dispatching?

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
It's very hot today...all the bad guys stayed home. :lol:

I hear Pasadena activity on PD Ch 1, PD Ch 2, parking enforcement, Fire Dept, trash collection - all on my BCD396T with OEM antenna, inside my house in Encino (7/18/2006 1357 HRS) within a matter of two minutes.

oceans777

Listener
Actually I just heard traffic on F1 too - but the dispatcher told the unit they "are using F1, move to F2." This is not normal - F1 is always dispatch and it's never been quiet like this in the years I've been monitoring.

I'm right in Pasadena and there is virtually no activity on F1 - maybe two or three active in the past few hours and it's normally non-stop. Obviously they are working on the system or something is up. F2 is the only active freq on the police freqs I listed. Parking, trash, etc seem to be up. Fire and rescue (Verdugo) is operating normally.

Just now heard someone on F1 counting "1,2,3.." so it must be a system issue. Now also hearing radio checks on F1 and F3.

Last edited:

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
All Clear For Normal Broadcasting

Just heard (1420 HRS) on Pasadena PD CH 1: "All units, Frequency 1 is all clear for normal broadcasting. Frequency 1 is all clear for normal broadcasting."

oceans777

Listener
And back to normal -

Dispatcher just came on and announced that F1 is now cleared for traffic again at 1421 hours and picking up as normal now here.

I could already see my 396 and 996T displaying "ENC" on some new Pasadena system nobody knew about.. ha.

Last edited:

hotdjdave

K9DJW - Senior Member
Database Admin
oceans777 said:
I could already see my 396 and 996T displaying "ENC" on some new Pasadena system nobody knew about.. ha.
You opened the can, now spill the beans. What are the details of this "new" system (system type, mode, freqs, etc.).

oceans777

Listener
No - my fault - I was just kidding - meant that when all went quiet I was worried they were going to some new digital encrypted system that we could not pick up on the Unidens.

Nothing new - I checked the licences and nothing applied for. They just had some kind of issue on F1 - I've been hearing more interference on F1 and especially F4 past few weeks so maybe there was just some prob or adjustment today.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
oceans777 said:
No - my fault - I was just kidding - meant that when all went quiet I was worried they were going to some new digital encrypted system that we could not pick up on the Unidens.

Nothing new - I checked the licences and nothing applied for. They just had some kind of issue on F1 - I've been hearing more interference on F1 and especially F4 past few weeks so maybe there was just some prob or adjustment today.
Actually Pasadena PD is moving to digital, supposedly by next year. They've been replacing about 40 analog radios a year with dual-mode analog/digital radios since 1999, and the plan is to have it finished by 2007. And they're already licensed for digital (20K0F1E) as well as analog 20K0F3E on their WIJ442 license.

Anybody around here remember back in the mid 1960s when they were broadcasting simultaneously on 3 bands... 1714 kc, 45.42 and 156.03 mHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.