Pasco Swat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Not new, it's LEO 3.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Should have rephrased that.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver

Yes, but I don't believe in posting sensitive tactical TGs on a public forum/database. Kinda leads to the destruction of this hobby. We're fortunate that the activity you heard wasn't ProVoice. Nothing personal, but these kind of posts lead to encryption.

Last edited:

Diabolikul

I don't want to get in to the philosophical conversation, because I can see both sides of the coin.

So, I'd like to ask a technical question here. I've just purchased a Uniden BCD396XT and am learning all about it. I'm still reading the manual, the "easier to read manual" online, the forums, etc. I'm still a noob and I still haven't completed reading all the books and resources, so excuse me if this question has already been answered elsewhere.

With the 396xt is there anyway to "search" for talkgroups? Or do you just get lucky and happen to be scanning when a TG is active?

With my old Pro95, if I was scanning and a talkgroup was active the scanner would stop on that TG and if I hadn't programmed it in to the scanner I could press a button and the TGID would be saved on to the scanner. Then next time I had it hooked to the computer I could program in the name of the TG.

Is there something similar on the 396xt? Otherwise, if people aren't posting "sensitive" TG's here on RR, then how would I find them on my own using the scanner?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I program a uniden 396t radio for a snowbird and I find that pasco county for what I program for should be better in its database. I keep finding for him missing talkgroups, the frequencies & LTR #'s have been in doubt....

From http://forums.radioreference.com/florida-radio-discussion-forum/187203-pasco-county.html
LEO 1 546
LEO 2 580
LEO 3 642 Was added - Listed as SWAT in the D.B. what should it be?
LEO 4 647 not there
LEO 5 648 not there
LEO 6 649
LEO 7 650 not there

in the D.B. 580 & 642 are listed as LEO 2. Is 642 LEO 3 then?

Any other missing id's?

IMO the database should be in talkgroup # sort order as it makes it dramatically easier for users.

Also at http://forums.radioreference.com/fl...pasco-county-edacks-system-freqs-correct.html

Are the frequencies and ltr#'s correct in the database at Pasco County Public Services Trunking System, Pasco County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Last edited:

ngel

Pasco system

I can confirm as i listen all the time to pasco's system that the frequencies are correct in the database. Someone tried adding a SWAT specific channel a while back but there is not one. This database has been updated several times recently as the system was rebanded and one new channel added in the LCN. Some of the LEO channels are not listed in the database that you mention. If you can confirm something then submit it to the site so Pasco can be updated. I just know from my monitoring there is no swat specific channel. 642 is LEO 3 I believe but not positive

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=737

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I program a uniden 396t radio for a snowbird and I find that pasco county for what I program for should be better in its database. I keep finding for him missing talkgroups, the frequencies & LTR #'s have been in doubt....http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=737

If you can confirm something then submit it to the site so Pasco can be updated

Again its for another, its for a snowbird as Im in Michigan so I cant confirm.

Thanks to you for the frequencies mention.

ngel

Pasco system

Unfortunately whats listed is listed and the database needs updating especially for sheriffs office, other stuff like swat and LEO channels are not confirmed and at this point are here say for now those threads you posted are a few months old as well

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Please submit those as a submission so they can be added.

I am not a FL admin however I will post excerpt of offical RR policy for review.

This is RadioReference.com's official position, and I expect every admin, moderator, and wiki manager to follow in it's entirety:

1) The official policy of RadioReference.com is to not censor any frequency or talkgroup information from the database except in extremely rare and unique circumstances. Please understand that security by obscurity does not work, and the process of censoring data from our Web site will only serve to draw more attention to the data in question. RadioReference believes that if agencies feel that a public safety official's safety is in jeopardy they should encrypt those communications or utilize a different communications medium. RadioReference also believes and supports the position that routine public safety communications should be made readily available to the general public.

1a) As indicated above, the only exceptions to the policy listed above is in extremely rare and unique circumstances. Extremely rare and unique can be defined by RadioReference.com as:
- An instance where a RadioReference.com administrator is in a position of authority with an agency or employer for which their job security is in question provided they are held responsible for managing data for their agency in the radioreference database
- Any instance that RadioReference.com feels appropriate.
- Any instance where RadioReference.com is compelled to comply with not posting information due to a legal matter.

In any of these circumstances defined in 1a, formal written authorization must be granted by the owner of RadioReference.com for each and every instance where an admin has made the decision to not post something in our database. There are no exceptions to this rule, and if an admin does not follow this policy they risk being removed as an administrator.

Frank

ngel

pasco swat

I am not submitting anything. For one the problem with pasco database is too many people submitting information that is incorrect. I believe the policies are the problem with this site causing to many agencies to encrypt their traffic and also causing the demise of our hobby. My opinion is this site is responsible for the state of the agencies having this feeling of needing to have private communications to deter the bad guys that this site allows to freely listen to their radio traffic via cell phone and does nothing to stop it. The thread title should not have been swat as it implies that is what this thread is about and it's not.

At this point we are getting off the topic and i hope a moderator closes this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.