Passaic Co Sheriff's Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

shield5535

Good Morning. Not sure if it is me but I have not heard anything on their channels this morning which is unusual as they are usually busy. Have they changed anything? Thanks

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Passaic County Sheriff - Where they go?

I can concur it has been very quiet...to quiet on their 800MHz frequencies. The same is with their low band "back up" frequencies. Something has changed indeed. Now I checked FCC ULS for possible new FCC license applications found NONE. The current 800 MHz license(s) allow for digital emissions so perhaps a switch to P25? But again the 800 MHz frequencies are quiet with out any transmissions of any type.
This morning I monitored OEM Base calling OEM 3 on the Prosecutors VHF Channel.
But that's it. The county could be in the process of changing their entire communications system.
Due to coverage issues in the county, I would not be surprised if they have (already) switched their operations to the NJICS 700 MHz P25 Type II system.
So to those who can monitor Phase II (I can't) please give an extra listen, or have your software track the possibility PCSD is now operating here:confused:.
Any news on this would be greatly appreciated!

Max Powers:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Other Possiblities?

You also may want to check out Wayne's P25 Trunked System Talk Group 9001 is listed as PCSD Dispatch. This would make sense since the SD HQ and dispatch is in the same town. However, Wayne's system coverage may NOT cover all areas of the county especially extreme north and south areas. The 2 UHF frequencies for the Jail and Courthouse may give them some flexibility in Paterson. Also there are UTAC and ITAC frequencies, but again they have been quiet too:

Max :cool:

shield5535

Funny that you said that as I was monitoring the TG for them on Wayne today with negative results. Also nothing on their Courthouse Ops channel as well. Thanks

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Other possiblities etc..

PCSD if indeed they moved, they moved somewhere and they have kept it under wraps darn well. I hope others in the RR forums community are looking for these guys. Besides OEM base testing earlier today with units on the VHF Hi band County DPW, Prosecutor and Probation dept channels, thats been it.

Other possibles now include of them perhaps sharing talk groups on Bergen County P25 ENC system? Or the NJSP 800 MHz system? May have gone to an NXDN or Turbo system? Ah lass who knows right now the rest here is conjecture or mere guessing. Perhaps trying the Close Call option on a scanner while passing their HQ may yield in better results.:confused:

Max :cool:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
PCSD Found Em?

no mystery - doing replacement/repair/ upgrade
try ITAC 6

ScanXO,

Just to double check your info, Are you confirming PCSD is using ITAC-6? i.e,

859.78750 WQIY971 RM 293 NAC NJITAC-6 NNJ I-TAC 6 (Project-25 Digital Encrypted)

Can not monitor myself I am to far away at my work location

Is PCSD using analog and if so what PL/DCS Tone, IF digital P25, Is it in the clear or is it ENC? As listed in the DB as well as most of the communications I have monitored here have been P25 Encrypted.

If they are using digital and its ENC, it may be a harbinger of things to come when they switch back to their own frequencies.

Thanks again

Max:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Found Them Confirmed!

Passaic County Sheriff using NJ ITAC-6 859.7875 PL 156.7 for primary dispatch:) (Temporarily, until repairs and upgrades made to their own system)
Max Powers:cool:

Thanks ScanXO!

W2IRT

Any idea who's dispatching on NJITAC-6A?

Hearing patrol dispatching on ITAC-6A in the clear, conventional (859.7875). Anyone know who this agency is? I was under the impression these frequencies were intended for interop use.

Thanks and 73
Peter

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Back on their original frequencies?

Passaic Co SD may be back on their original frequencies. They were off NJITAC-6 over night and was monitoring them on their .675 freq PL 203.5. However it has been quiet on all frequencies this afternoon.

Max:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.