Passaic County - MAC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
They were using NJUTAC 44 & 45
470.23750 WQBL384 RM 186.2 PL NJUTAC44 NJUTAC 44 North-East Region UASI (Analog)
470.08750 WQCV853 RM 173.8 PL NJUTAC45 NJUTAC 45 North-East Region UASI (Analog)

Roodog2k

They were using NJUTAC 44 & 45
470.23750 WQBL384 RM 186.2 PL NJUTAC44 NJUTAC 44 North-East Region UASI (Analog)
470.08750 WQCV853 RM 173.8 PL NJUTAC45 NJUTAC 45 North-East Region UASI (Analog)

So, some of these frequencies are P25 and some are analog.

How would I track the P25 system there? I thought about putting it into my PSR-800(upgraded), but not sure what the results would be.

Roodog2k

there is no tracking P25 these channels are conventional program both Analog and digital or just let the radio search for tones/nacs
utac 45 was used by responding Bergen county mutual aid units going into Jersey City last week water main break,

I appreciate the help. My PSR-800 died in 2017 and I only just got it back from Whistler. I seem to have two issues now. 1) I forgot how to work half the features (i.e., what do you do when you import an object with analog and P25). Also, the State Police and control frequencies. I only want to scan the ones close... and 2) What are the 1080 features I now have that I didn't before.

I had a BC125 that I use for local PD.

Are you anywhere near the Wanaque reservoir? Do you ever hear those guys who maintain the place?

NParkNJ

On the Road
I appreciate the help. My PSR-800 died in 2017 and I only just got it back from Whistler. I seem to have two issues now. 1) I forgot how to work half the features (i.e., what do you do when you import an object with analog and P25). Also, the State Police and control frequencies. I only want to scan the ones close... and 2) What are the 1080 features I now have that I didn't before.

I had a BC125 that I use for local PD.

Are you anywhere near the Wanaque reservoir? Do you ever hear those guys who maintain the place?

So for the Wanaque reservoir answer. The North Jersey Water Supply Commission.

I want to say a month ago or so, they moved to(or added) NJICS. They have their TGs listed in the DB. Under NJDWSC. I hear them on Ramapo. Their activity is pretty light. I only hear them call in/out of service. 10/7, 10/8. And occasionally, something patrol related(like check this/that area).

But, TG wise, they are Phase 2.

Roodog2k

So for the Wanaque reservoir answer. The North Jersey Water Supply Commission.

I want to say a month ago or so, they moved to(or added) NJICS. They have their TGs listed in the DB. Under NJDWSC. I hear them on Ramapo. Their activity is pretty light. I only hear them call in/out of service. 10/7, 10/8. And occasionally, something patrol related(like check this/that area).

But, TG wise, they are Phase 2.

Cool, thanks for the info.

Ok, sorry for the stupid question, but I'm knocking the cobwebs out of my brain. I haven't used my trunking scanner in 3 years since the catastrophe. I have a recently-repaired and upgraded PSR-800 scanner, which is basically now a Whistler 1080.

I live basically within sight of the Wanaque Reservoir, so looking at the Phase II frequencies for NJICS, I see that one of the frequencies is indeed Ramapo. Given the RR database and how the GRECOM/Whistler scanner loads frequencies, how can I be sure it's loading the right frequencies for where I live, so it's not trying to scan frequencies I'm not. I seem to remember that there was a location setting, but that was for the "default" scan-lists that you load.

Also, what's the deal with the NJICS frequencies? It has NJSP talk groups, but it says in the database that it isn't simulcasted? I also see the Passaic County Sheriff there too.

The only truncked system that I have been listening to is the NJSP, and I don't presently have any issues. Its the frequencies that I loaded from the DB way back in 2011.

So, been awhile since I did initial set-up stuff.

Thanks

NParkNJ

On the Road
Cool, thanks for the info.

Ok, sorry for the stupid question, but I'm knocking the cobwebs out of my brain. I haven't used my trunking scanner in 3 years since the catastrophe. I have a recently-repaired and upgraded PSR-800 scanner, which is basically now a Whistler 1080.

I live basically within sight of the Wanaque Reservoir, so looking at the Phase II frequencies for NJICS, I see that one of the frequencies is indeed Ramapo. Given the RR database and how the GRECOM/Whistler scanner loads frequencies, how can I be sure it's loading the right frequencies for where I live, so it's not trying to scan frequencies I'm not. I seem to remember that there was a location setting, but that was for the "default" scan-lists that you load.

Also, what's the deal with the NJICS frequencies? It has NJSP talk groups, but it says in the database that it isn't simulcasted? I also see the Passaic County Sheriff there too.

The only truncked system that I have been listening to is the NJSP, and I don't presently have any issues. Its the frequencies that I loaded from the DB way back in 2011.

So, been awhile since I did initial set-up stuff.

Thanks
Sure. I understand what you’re getting at and can be confusing for me. Was with that scanner too.

If you want to PM me, I’ll be happy to help out

Status
Not open for further replies.