Passaic County Sheriff question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybex7254

Can anyone confirm the use of the following frequencies and the PL's in use?

460.33750 Passaic County Sheriff Jail Security
460.63750 Passaic County Sheriff Court Security

I've had these in my scanner for a while now and have never heard any activity. I don't live in Passaic County anymore and am only in the Jail and Court House area once in a while when driving through Paterson on Rt. 80.

SCPD

QRT
If they are they're likely low power. I know the 1st frequency is Florham Park PD.

I think the only way to know for sure is sit near the Jail and listen. I know it wasn't much help. :)

xpawel15x

Most likely low power like re148cue said, just enough power to work in and around the jails, no need for distant coverage.

Sybex7254

FCC Databse lists a 25 watt repeater for each frequency..not exactly Low Power. Morris County uses a 15 watt repeater for the Jail and 10 watt for the Courthouse and both can be heard several miles away.

Really trying to confim if they are even being used and if so the associated PL's.

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
How many times do you think he'll change his avatar before the year is out?

Any bets?

Like I said, I think the only way to really find out is too go up to Paterson and listen. I used to travel to Paterson for work, but not anymore luckily. But I don't have the 396T to close call it anyway. Good Luck!

xpawel15x

res148cue said:
How many times do you think he'll change his avatar before the year is out?

Any bets?

Like I said, I think the only way to really find out is too go up to Paterson and listen. I used to travel to Paterson for work, but not anymore luckily. But I don't have the 396T to close call it anyway. Good Luck!

You talkin' about me? this is my final avatar LOL.

And with the jail freqs, I'll do you guys a favor and program them in my scanner and see if I hear anything. I live close to Paterson.

DJ88

For both of those repeaters, as has been stated, the power output is 25 watts, but the ERP is 15 watts. I know absolutely nothing about this except that someone told me something about the ERP being the actual output, when taking certain variables into consideration, or something to that affect. This is probably a topic for another whole discussion, but I just wanted to mention it. I'm sure someone who has some knowledge about this can elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.