Passaic County UHF FD MA/Coords Freq (New)

Status
Not open for further replies.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Have processed a submission on this but need more info also awaiting more info from the orignal submitter.

Passaic County recently repurposed their UHF Health Dept portable frequency 458.4375 to become FD/Mutual Aid & Fire Coordnators Channel. They already have a VHF repeater channel as listed in the DB. However as licensed now its a low power UHF (2 watt) portable channel. Submitter states a letter went out to all FD s and Municiplalties in the county to begin monitoring the frequency.
Which leads me to believe the frequency will be on a repeater. That would mean 453.4375.
I am monitoring but need some assistance to confirm repeater or not so I can update the RR DB. Any help here is appreciated.

Thank you,

EncryptedTech

I added the 458.4375 with a Pl of 88.5 to a lot of radios in that area, I was told it was going to be a simplex only ch. I added it over a year ago and I did see paperwork that had all the details so I know its a legit ch. I dont think many people have it so Im not sure it ever gets used.

KC2zZe

I'm not sure how one would be lead to believe that that frequency would be part of a repeater pair. I'd be more inclined to think that perhaps Passaic is heading toward designating a common, countywide UHF fireground channel, similar to the systems Rockland, Westchester, New York City, Orange, and Nassau (I think I got those in the right order, in terms of implementation) have set up in New York State.

Last edited:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure how one would be lead to believe that that frequency would be part of a repeater pair. I'd be more inclined to think that perhaps Passaic is heading toward designating a common, countywide UHF fire ground channel, similar to the systems Rockland, Westchester, New York City, Orange, and Nassau (I think I got those in the right order, in terms of implementation) have set up in New York State.

:unsure:Good points here,(y) and thank you:cool:. Though when checking Rockland, Westchester, Cos in NY the DB indicates they use both the high and low end of UHF frequency pairs 453/458, 460/465 for fire ground. So assuming ditto for the possiblity of Passaic Co doing the same with the lowside of their pair 453.4375:rolleyes: . I don't know everything or follow all trends in other states that's why I threw it out there. :coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.