Passed my Extra exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

fogdog

Yep, passed that exam on 14 Sept. It showed up 3 days later on the ULS website. YeeeeeHawwww. Got my paper license yesterday. Made my 1st DX to Barcelona Spain a couple of days ago using my new band privledges. What a blast.

danesgs

Congrats!

I too am studying for that class and hope to pass as well. Tired of all the rest of the band coverage being off limits as a General. Check out the Caribbean DX sailing net on 7.163 in the early mornings. Those are a great group of folks. Lots of bands are still stinkers due to poor prop but the winter months should see those open as well. I have a QSL card from a club station I worked in Hawaii on 40 meters a few years ago, early morning DX under good conditions. Hope to work you sometime.

KJ4DGE

fogdog

^^^^ Good luck Brother. I studied pretty hard, and thought I knew just about all of it, but that exam had some stuff on it that hat me scratching my head a bit.
Happy happy happy

KE0GXN

Congrats and welcome to the Club! My first one was Italy on 40. But what you will enjoy most is all the new ones you will pick up with your new band privileges! I have added a few, last one being Isle of Man on 40 the other day.

The part I enjoy the most is being able to tune around and never have to worry about band class edges. I go where I hear activity and join the pileup, no need to worry about if I am still in the General allocation, etc...

Enjoy OM!

fogdog

Thanks everybody, I'm so glad I got it done. I like the extra bandwidth. 73

W5lz

Good for you! One of the things not many are aware of is that is you ever get a ride into space, you have the clearance of making extraterrestrial transmissions with out a waver from the FCC! I'm still waiting on them telling me I got a free ride on the shuttle!

Status
Not open for further replies.