passed my test yea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geraldw3210

Hello everyone, A week ago i decided too get my license again after it expired like 25+ years ago.
So i had like 5-6 days too study the current material . i found a test session at a semi-local hamfest and passed the tech test first try.

admitted i do have a background in electronics and always been a techie which helped.

So now i need too get my ccards paid off so i can get myself a radio. and study for my general class, then go for the amatuer extra.

hopefully ill meet some of you folks on air 73's everyone

NC1

Congrats!

I had let mine expire many years ago too, but decided a couple months back I should go ahead and get my license again. After 2 weeks of going over the material, I sat for both the Tech and General tests and passed them both. Basically I treated the test session as a single test to be taken in two parts, which IMHO is really the way to do it.

I think studying for both at the same time was as easy as studying for just the Tech alone because they do have quite a bit in common and gives you a deeper understanding that makes the tests easier in the long run. Of course I also have a technical background too which helps.

Now I am going for the Extra and hope to have enough time for study before the test. If I know I'm not ready in 3 weeks, I will wait for the next test session after I am confident I will pass without any issues.

Dive right into preparing for your General, it is really not that difficult at all.

geraldw3210

thanks everyone i appreciate the replies.
NC1 i hadnt thought of that , going for both at one sitting, but not a problem ill just study and go too another test session not really a big deal they hold them every month so whenever im ready ill go and gt my general cert.

and yes Ham radio is a great hobby.

thanks GW

Status
Not open for further replies.