Passed Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhelmet13

You should have been me about 20 years ago. Things were a bit different. Passed the Tech written exam first, (5 wpm code was required at the time). When I had the time, I took code classes and them asked them to admin the test (VE's were there). Took the code test, passed it and rushed home to fill out FCC form 610 (or something like that) and dropped all all of the paperwork in an envelope and mailed it off. What seemed lie an eternity had gone by and one day - There it was in the mailbox - a letter from the FCC. I nearly tore the envelope apart in the process to find it... There it was my Amateur radio ticket! I already had a handheld all ready to go... I turned it on, got on the main 2 meter repeater in our area and made my first contact. Seemes so long ago now.

Welcome to the hobby!

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Congratulations and welcome to amateur radio!

W4TF

congrats!! welcome to this great worldwide fraternity!!

Singh, AJ4VS

KC0KM

Congrats as well. I just got my ticket back in April, so I am fairly news as well. One thing is if you can get yourself into a good club, as they are able to help you. Field Day is coming up in June -- that that will be fun for all.

countryboy879

i just passed mine last night for tech...im glad!!!!trying to get a radio but that might be a few.......

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations Robert!

I just passed my exam Friday. Still trying to find a way to learn the code though. Might need it one day, but I'll figure it out somehow.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Took my test on 4/2/2010 (Friday evening). License showed up in FCC database Wednesday 4/7/2010. Now just got to find something to start out with.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
Gonna start studying for the General exam. Figure by the time I get a radio, I'll be ready to use it well!. Still hoping to find someone in my area to learn with. Hoping to join our local RC in the next couple of weeks. That should give me some contacts, and education.

joen7xxx

Congratulations! Welcome to the fun of Amateur Radio. Explore the various aspects of the service, repeaters, simplex communications, Voice over IP, (Echo-link and IRLP), digital and others. You will meet a lot of great folks, and unfortunately a few jerks. Please do not let the latter discourage you from becoming an active part of out service. Take a look at American Radio Relay League | Ham Radio Association and Resources, eHam.net Home - Amateur Radio (Ham Radio) Community Site, QRZ.COM Callsign Database and other sites for tons of information.

73 and see you on the air

Joe - N7JEH
ARRL Section manager - Nevada
IRLP Node 3227

Status
Not open for further replies.