Passed the test, just waiting on license

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flameout00

Took my test Jan 9th for Technician (probably should have taken General also) now just waiting on my callsign. I've been checking the FCC database multiple times per day, but so far nothing. I did take the test in person and was told 15 days. From what I've heard , you get your call sign much quicker if you test online.

Right now I only have a Wouxun KG-UV9P (and 805G for GMRS) and just doing lots of listening. I did run some coax and mounted an antenna on my roof, which did allow me to hit a few more repeaters.. Thinking about joining the club that administered the test, but I'll wait till I get my feet wet a little

wcsd45

Ya know, my experience with club has been very good. You can start listening now, but many of my initial transmit questions were resolved thru the club and/or identifying Elmers to help me out. I’d not wait to join the club.

Congrats and welcome

73, Chuck KC9QBY

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Congrats and welcome to the hobby! Your wife and checkbook will never be the same again! :p :p

The time to get your call sign has nothing to do with the method used to take the test, rather the group you took the test with...more so the VEC. ARRL, for example, is notoriously slow because snail mail is used in some part of the process. Others (W5YI and GLAARG, to name a couple) take care of everything via electronic means. It's quite common to be in the system the very next day.

KC5AKB

Local help is always good
Like not calling cq on the repeater.
Just use plain language on the repeater.
Lots of tips and help from local folks.
Congratulations on the License and now go for the General!!
If we can help just drop us a note or email
Kc5akb@arrl.net

Flameout00

Thanks, still waiting on my callsign. It's been 12 days and counting. I now wish I had tested online rather than in person, but no sense worrying about that now. I see where many received their callsign within days of testing. Definitely studying for General and I'm about ready. Just not sure if I'll do it in person or online. I'm a bit frustrated with the club that administrators the tests. On a better note, the radio and antenna are working great, at least in Rx mode lol

Status
Not open for further replies.