passing traffic on a traffic net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mparker

i have been actively checking into a local traffic net and also trying to find info online about how traffic nets work. i have been reading the PDF from the ARRL ( http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/nts-mpg/) and i downloaded the radiogram form.

although i am still a little lost. there are a lot of things to remember.

i would like to send a message to my parents, more of just a test as this would be my first piece of traffic.

so how would i do it? am i able to send a message to a non ham person? how do they receive the message?

Last edited:

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

mparker said:
i have been actively checking into a local traffic net and also trying to find info online about how traffic nets work. i have been reading the PDF from the ARRL ( http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/nts-mpg/) and i downloaded the radiogram form.

i would like to send a message to my parents, more of just a test as this would be my first piece of traffic.

so how would i do it? am i able to send a message to a non ham person? how do they receive the message?

Usually by telephone.

mikey60

i have been actively checking into a local traffic net and also trying to find info online about how traffic nets work. i have been reading the PDF from the ARRL ( ARRLWeb: National Traffic System<BR> Methods and Practices Guidelines) and i downloaded the radiogram form.

Typically the "Last Mile" delivery is by telephone, however some operators may actually deliver the message in paper form.

When you inject your message into the traffic system on your local net, it is then forwarded up to a regional or national net, and then back down to the local net that covers the destination area, and then finally to the destination itself.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.