• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

password protected Icom IC-F6011 ... how to reset or overwrite??

janyitrai

Premium Subscriber
got a UHF mobile that was set up as a base with power supply & base mic.

software will not allow programming with out first entering a 4 digit code.

does anyone know how to get around this? default radio to allow PC programming?

this is a very basic radio of 8 channels, but the e-bay cost for a new one is around $225.oo

would like to get this set to local GMRS repeaters

thanks in advance for any help.

12dbsinad

I agree with MTS, contact whoever you got the radio from first. Tell them the radio is useless to you, it's like buying a non-unlocked cellphone that you want to use on a different carrier. If they can't provide password request money back.

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
software will not allow programming with out first entering a 4 digit code.

As the others said.

A good seller would understand this, and either unlock the radio and wipe the password before selling it, provide the password, or give you your money back.

A bad seller doesn't check, and will argue with you.

Hopefully you have a good seller.

You might want to check around with guys that know Icom gear better. There may be a way around it, but I'm not sure there is. I haven't worked on Icom gear since the mid-2000's.
You could try calling Icom Tech Support, but they'll likely want some receipt that shows it's yours. An Icom shop should have a work around for this, but it likely is going to take paying them bench time to do it.

Good luck.

bc780l

Premium Subscriber
Try a firmware update. This has worked for me in the past. Gives a fully reset radio.

merlin

What I have found programming Icom, once you tick the password lock it is stuck. No entry defaults 0000.
If a password was intentionally set,,try the following>>
Radio off and disconnected
Restart software and load the plug you want.
Connect the radio and power on. "DO NOT READ the radio".
press the 'program' button. programming will overwrite anything on the radio.
If programming runs, you are in luck. ((don't check the password box))
This doesn't work on all Icom radios, but older radios this has worked for me.
Give it a try.

12dbsinad

Try a firmware update. This has worked for me in the past. Gives a fully reset radio.
Eh, I'm not so sure about that, at least on the newer equipment. Usually the radio will still retain the codeplug after a firmware update. Once in awhile it'll wipe it clean and display "clone NG" but not typically.

ve3uzi

I have an Icom F5061 with the password enabled.
Has anyone has any success wiresharking the radio? I tried the HEX editor and didn't find anything.
Also, are passwords usually a 4 digit variety or could be anything?
Last resort is to send to an Icom dealer to wipe clean the radio.

dr5mn

Contact the seller and get the password, or be prepared to wireshark the connection to the radio while trying to read it with the cloning software to extract the password.
Hi. Found this little piece of advice. Tried it but I do not know enough about serial comms to make any sense of it. Can you please assist with some details?