Patch feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel

We have a Motorola system in our city,is it just certain systems or new systems that use this feature?I would like to see it pop up on my radio it would be so cool.

N8IAA

We have a Motorola system in our city,is it just certain systems or new systems that use this feature?I would like to see it pop up on my radio it would be so cool.

I'm experiencing the same problem in my metro area of Atlanta, GA. All the systems I have programmed have yet to show the patch icon:(
Larry

mikey60

I'm experiencing the same problem in my metro area of Atlanta, GA. All the systems I have programmed have yet to show the patch icon:(
Larry

Verify that a patch is active on the system, and make note of which talkgroup is the primary talkgroup (AKA the "SuperGroup"). Then in MAN mode, switch to a talkgroup that is a member of the patch (not the supergroup) and monitor there. When the primary talkgroup becomes active you should see the patch indication.

The patch indication will only appear under these cases:

* In MAN mode on a talkgroup that is patched to another talkgroup.

* If the primary "supergroup" talkgroup is locked out or in a disabled scanlist, and the supergroup becomes with a member talkgroup that is in an enabled scanlist.

Mike

N8IAA

Verify that a patch is active on the system, and make note of which talkgroup is the primary talkgroup (AKA the "SuperGroup"). Then in MAN mode, switch to a talkgroup that is a member of the patch (not the supergroup) and monitor there. When the primary talkgroup becomes active you should see the patch indication.

The patch indication will only appear under these cases:

* In MAN mode on a talkgroup that is patched to another talkgroup.

* If the primary "supergroup" talkgroup is locked out or in a disabled scanlist, and the supergroup becomes with a member talkgroup that is in an enabled scanlist.

Mike
Thanks for the explaination Mike. But, if I am running Pro96com, won't it show up under the patch tab? Then when I see it, go to manual mode to see the patch indicator?
Larry

mikey60

Thanks for the explaination Mike. But, if I am running Pro96com, won't it show up under the patch tab? Then when I see it, go to manual mode to see the patch indicator?
Larry

In Pro96Com, if you are seeing a patch, look at the listing. You should see something like this:

1000 -> 1024

(Your talkgroup numbers may vary).

In that case, TG 1000 is patched to 1024. All traffic for either 1000 or 1024 will be heard on 1024...

If you monitor 1000 in MANUAL mode (not in pause mode), you should see the patch indication when 1024 becomes active. You could also do a temporary lockout on 1024 if you have 1000 in an active scanlist, and you will see it there as well while scanning.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.