• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Patched Talkgroups When In Scan Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Just a quick question for the Edacs experts here at RR.

On an Edacs system, is it possible to pick up patched talkgroups when in SCAN mode ?

I have tried it on an LPE and Orion radio .. and neither of the radios stop on the talkgroups that are patched.

The radios of course work fine when not in scan mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

tbiggums

I'm not aware of any EDACS radios that would decode patches unless they were parked on that TG. Scan can be on or off, but you have to be parked on the TG to hear the patched traffic.

The newest Uniden XT models do decode EDACS patches on scanned TG's. Maybe some of the older Uniden scanners do too...

SCPD

QRT
Like even my BC246T will properly pick up patches when in scan mode. I think that it is limited as to the number of patches it can track but I know that it will at least do one patch.

My GRE500 however will not scan Edacs patches at all .. and the only way to receive any transmissions on these patches is to manually program the patch in separately.

For example: Talkgroup 100 and talkgroup 105 are patched together on patch 200.

The Uniden will allow you to scan 100 or 105 and it will stop when there is a transmission. The GRE will only work if you program in TG 200, while you don't have to do this on the Unidens.

The Macom radios work the same as the GRE .. in that you have to program in 200 as well in order to receive the transmissions (when in scan mode .. )

I am wondering if it is a programming issue .. or is this how the Macom radios are designed to work ?

EDACSTECH

Just a quick question for the Edacs experts here at RR.

On an Edacs system, is it possible to pick up patched talkgroups when in SCAN mode ?

I have tried it on an LPE and Orion radio .. and neither of the radios stop on the talkgroups that are patched.

The radios of course work fine when not in scan mode.

Any help would be appreciated.
The answer to your question is "NO & YES". When two or more EDACS talk groups are "C3 MAESTRO CONSOLE PATCHED TOGETHER", the two or more group ID's become a new "SAID" or System Assigned ID group number that the terminal radio will overlook unless the "SAID" is programmed into the scanning radio. This is the "NO" part of my answer to your question. This "SAID" will vary from patch to patch depending on what is patched and what console set up the patch and how many patches are assigned at the same time.

The system administrator can configure fixed "SAID's" from the system's CSD & IMC Manager servers that will allow for the same "SAID" to be used all of the time. This "SAID(s)" could then be programmed into a terminal radio and scanned.

I don't know if you can use this pre-programmed "SAID" to talk from the terminal radio, but it is a work around to the patched scan scenario that you asked about.

If the patch is created by some other means, such as a Zetron / Radio interface console, or ACU1000 with radios, then this "SAID" condition does not happen so there is no problem scanning.

SCPD

QRT
Ok .. thanks for the reply. I think that the only way I can fix this is to program the patch talkgroups (SAID's .. as you referred to them) in the radio and then I should be fine. On the system I monitor .. they use the same ones over and over again, so I think I would be fine if I just reprogram the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.