Paterson may outsource emergency dispatch services

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVE392

They can't get people to work at their dispatch center. The turnover is horrible. I mean it sucks to privatize but if you can't staff the place, what are your options?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
They could pay them better, have more staff available to offer a more flexible work schedule. Make the job more desirable and people will stay and higher grade (intelligence level) of employees will want the jobs. There are options, they all cost money. These folks are a life line between public safety responders and the public. Some effort to find the right people for the job should be made and they should be paid accordingly.

troymail

Silent Key
It's funny to me that with outsourcing, people think they can solve problems without spending more money - it just doesn't work that way.

Curiously, I thought I recall seeing some areas in NJ fighting consolidation of dispatching services.. it would seem that would be a more cost effective way to provide the service and likely allow for higher pay and thus the recruitment and retention of higher quality people for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.