Patrick AFB/CCAS Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB2UZR

Hi All:

I have recently moved to Melbourne, and have been trying to monitor the PAFB/CCAS system on my 996T. I don't hear anything on the Cape Canaveral sites, but I do hear pretty strong control channel s on the Patrick site. I am just using the back of set antenna, haven't had a chance to do anything more elaborate yet (and anyway, no outside antennas allowed here, sigh, as I eye the attic with interest!) I have yet to hear anything on the PAFB system, any thoughts? I used the Butel program to grab the freqs from the databse here, I think everything is set correctly, but I am not too familiar with the digital stuff, although I have had other P25 systems in the 996 before.

Thanks!

Scott/WB2UZR

WouffHong

KSC SCanning

I put together a working 396T set of USD files for you at: http://a2g.net/KSC.ZIP and i think they will import into the 996T.. :) -- KSC/CCAFS could be a strain to reach from West Melbourne, though.. :-( - get a small UHF TV antenna and stick it up in the attic. -- .I was in a Cape Canaveral Condo and had to stick an outside 1/4-wave to get solid copy there! (I was streaming launches, etc., over the net)
Tom
Now in N. GA Moutains after 30 years at KSC. :)

WB2UZR said:
Hi All:

I have recently moved to Melbourne, and have been trying to monitor the PAFB/CCAS system on my 996T. I don't hear anything on the Cape Canaveral sites, but I do hear pretty strong control channel s on the Patrick site. I am just using the back of set antenna, haven't had a chance to do anything more elaborate yet (and anyway, no outside antennas allowed here, sigh, as I eye the attic with interest!) I have yet to hear anything on the PAFB system, any thoughts? I used the Butel program to grab the freqs from the databse here, I think everything is set correctly, but I am not too familiar with the digital stuff, although I have had other P25 systems in the 996 before.

Thanks!

Scott/WB2UZR

Last edited:

WB2UZR

Thanks Tom:

I'll take a look at that file. I am hearing a fairly good control channel, but maybe not enough oomph. As soon as I get un-buried from all the boxes, I will see if I can put my discone up in the attic, or maybe something directional, or a LP.

And I do miss that stream you used to provide! Very greatly appreciate your efforts!

Scott/WB2UZR

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
WB2UZR said:
And I do miss that stream you used to provide! Very greatly appreciate your efforts!

Scott/WB2UZR

If you can get KSC ops as good as he does - I think we could probably snag a scanner for you to put them online 24/7...

WB2UZR

It's a possibility. I will have to see how well I hear them. I'm much further away than Tom. Got lots to do here, as I've just moved in to a new home, but I will give an attic antenna a go, and see what happens.

Scott/WB2UZR

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Thanks - keep me updated... I am serious about wanting to hear the ops 24/7, ESPECIALLY during launch time, but even on a day-to-day basis with tests for Ares beginning over the next few months.

WB2UZR

Not yet, I guess, as I'm able to monitor the Patrick system with no problems. Some of the traffic is encrypted, most is not, at least since I've been monitoring. I can't copy the KSC system until I get a better antenna going.

Scott/WB2UZR

Status
Not open for further replies.