Patriots Parade in Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipfd320

Banned
trying not to throw a wrench into this but i ask why--why are you gonna risk or possibly be nailed by the cops --after what happened in the marathon bombing you wouldnt think the cops are gonna watch every little thing especially a person on the sidelines with a radio--granted yah its legal to them it would be possible person relaying info for trouble---and i also see you posting about frequencies about the marathon --man if i was l/e i would be watching what your doing---this is jmho since so much happened there from the marathon

kjl13

QRT
trying not to throw a wrench into this but i ask why--why are you gonna risk or possibly be nailed by the cops --after what happened in the marathon bombing you wouldnt think the cops are gonna watch every little thing especially a person on the sidelines with a radio--granted yah its legal to them it would be possible person relaying info for trouble---and i also see you posting about frequencies about the marathon --man if i was l/e i would be watching what your doing---this is jmho since so much happened there from the marathon

Not looking to be nailed by the cops, because that doesn't just happen unless you do something bad...

They can encrypt it if they are worried about security. But the average person doesn't even know what a frequency is; so why would they look here for a list of frequencies.

And the Marathon frequencies are more secret because of the past, but they still use a bunch of same stuff from previous years.
You need to not worry about me(unless you really want to) and let me scan and monitor what public servants do on a daily basis.

garys

Premium Subscriber
To this point, there has been no evidence that terrorists have used scanners in any attack. As you point out, unless you are being a complete jerk, the police are very unlikely to even notice you.

They had enough to do today with all of the drunk knuckle heads without worrying about a guy wandering around with an earphone stuck in his ear.

Not looking to be nailed by the cops, because that doesn't just happen unless you do something bad...

They can encrypt it if they are worried about security. But the average person doesn't even know what a frequency is; so why would they look here for a list of frequencies.

And the Marathon frequencies are more secret because of the past, but they still use a bunch of same stuff from previous years.
You need to not worry about me(unless you really want to) and let me scan and monitor what public servants do on a daily basis.

kjl13

QRT
To this point, there has been no evidence that terrorists have used scanners in any attack. As you point out, unless you are being a complete jerk, the police are very unlikely to even notice you.

They had enough to do today with all of the drunk knuckle heads without worrying about a guy wandering around with an earphone stuck in his ear.
I carry my XTS almost everywhere, no officer has cared.... anywhere.
They are all very chill about it.

If an officer were to question me about it, I would not have to answer.

ecps92

There is nothing SECRET about how Boston handles the
a. First Night
b. Rally Parades
c. Marathon
d. 4th of July
e. Head of the Charles
f. Any major event.
g. Gary etc did I miss any ?

With a few minor [very minor] exceptions, Agencies are using the standard INTEROP avail in their radios, that are used Every Single Day

BAPERN and METRO Fire have used these since the early 70's [BAPERN] and 80's [Metro Fire] and expanded within the Metro Boston UASI [MBHSR]

kjl13

QRT
Are the Rallies the buggiest events for them?
There is nothing SECRET about how Boston handles the
a. First Night
b. Rally Parades
c. Marathon
d. 4th of July
e. Head of the Charles
f. Any major event.
g. Gary etc did I miss any ?

With a few minor [very minor] exceptions, Agencies are using the standard INTEROP avail in their radios, that are used Every Single Day

BAPERN and METRO Fire have used these since the early 70's [BAPERN] and 80's [Metro Fire] and expanded within the Metro Boston UASI [MBHSR]

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing you mean biggest, not buggiest. Buggiest would definitely by July 4th on the Esplanade. ;)

Biggest? That's really hard to say. Generally, I'd say that Head of the Charles was the smallest. It was a lot of fun to work, but that's beside the point.

First Night depended on the weather. Generally not a lot for the police to do and EMS mostly deals with drunks. Except for the year that some nitwit in a SUV got impatient and ran over half a dozen pedestrians down near Long Wharf.

The last "Wolling Walley" I worked was for the Bruins Stanley Cup. It was also the largest and the most rowdy.

Except for 2013, the Marathon is a long day, but EMS calls usually peaked from 2:00PM to 4:00PM. Before and after, it wasn't too bad. Unless, it's very hot and then we'd get runners and spectators dropping.

July 4th was probably our longest day. They hotter it was, the busier we got. Lots and lots of minor stuff, and occasionally a serious medical or trauma case.

As far as monitoring, the frequency/TG list is pretty stable at this point. Despite having a mix of conventional, trunked, UHF, some VHF, and various agencies, the Interop is very good. Lots of patching and a good deal of interagency cooperation that you don't hear because it's not over the radio.

Are the Rallies the buggiest events for them?

kjl13

QRT
I'm guessing you mean biggest, not buggiest. Buggiest would definitely by July 4th on the Esplanade. ;)

Biggest? That's really hard to say. Generally, I'd say that Head of the Charles was the smallest. It was a lot of fun to work, but that's beside the point.

First Night depended on the weather. Generally not a lot for the police to do and EMS mostly deals with drunks. Except for the year that some nitwit in a SUV got impatient and ran over half a dozen pedestrians down near Long Wharf.

The last "Wolling Walley" I worked was for the Bruins Stanley Cup. It was also the largest and the most rowdy.

Except for 2013, the Marathon is a long day, but EMS calls usually peaked from 2:00PM to 4:00PM. Before and after, it wasn't too bad. Unless, it's very hot and then we'd get runners and spectators dropping.

July 4th was probably our longest day. They hotter it was, the busier we got. Lots and lots of minor stuff, and occasionally a serious medical or trauma case.

As far as monitoring, the frequency/TG list is pretty stable at this point. Despite having a mix of conventional, trunked, UHF, some VHF, and various agencies, the Interop is very good. Lots of patching and a good deal of interagency cooperation that you don't hear because it's not over the radio.

Good to know. Yea, I meant biggest not buggiest. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
Cambridge is especially busy on the part of the Marathon that goes through there! ;)

Actually, it's pretty busy during the HOC and July 4th. Do they have their own "First Night" event?

The "Run to Remember" used to start in Boston, cross into Cambridge, and then come back into Boston. I don't know if they still do that or not.

gillham

Feed Provider
Cambridge is especially busy on the part of the Marathon that goes through there! ;)

Actually, it's pretty busy during the HOC and July 4th. Do they have their own "First Night" event?

The "Run to Remember" used to start in Boston, cross into Cambridge, and then come back into Boston. I don't know if they still do that or not.

Oops, sorry - I was referring to the 4th.
I don’t believe they stand up a formal UCC for any other event. Maybe HOCR, but for the most part, that’s a MSP/DCR/CFD/Pro ambulance show.
Cambridge’s other big event where they stand up a command post, is Cambridge’s Caribbean fest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.